“My only meal was PERFECT!”

Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 1,048 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant & bar serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Following the advice of many reviewers, I waited till I was REALLY hungry and had my only meal here (I spent less than 24 hours in San Juan) -- the shrimp mofongo. REALLY delicious. I sat outside -- had 2 mojitos with my meal (I understand why those tropical drinks got invented -- so refreshing!). At such an informal looking cafe, I was surprised by the fancy presentation-- drizzled balsamico and garlic sauce, with the shrimp artistically perched in the middle. The shrimp were perfectly fresh and perfectly cooked. It was such a treat.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent the day wandering the streets of OSJ; taking pictures and just taking in the town. For a late lunch, we stopped at Punto de Vista. Having never had a mojito or a fish taco, I was determined to wade in and get the expericence of both at one time. My wife, also a mojito virgin, chose to pair hers with the small nacho plate. Folks, if you've never had a mojito, this is the place to start. My wife had the original and I ordered the coconut. Both were absolutely fantastic, but I must admit that I favored her original as the better of the two. The fish tacos were great and the small plate of nachos was well prepared with meat, beans, cheese, and other fresh ingredients and lastly, it was a portion that easily would have fed two hungry souls. The service was quick and personable. We spent time with the owner learning how to make a true and great tasting mojito. The food and drink are great and the prices are quite reasonable. We will be there again on our next trip to San Juan. And one tip, if you ride the bus from Isla Verde to OSJ, Punto de Vista is in the bus terminal; on the southwest corner. Great location to sit and watch the bay and enjoy a few drinks or lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ask for Michael, the owner, great guy. View of harbor. Great place to sit outside and people watch. Local menu is inexpensive, authentic & good.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The shrimp mofongo is delicious. The mojito fusion is a little on the sweet side but still delicious. Overall great food located across from the cruise pier.

1  Thank Summer1013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food was reasonably priced and the 2 for 1 Mojitos in many flavors was amazing. We loved sitting outdoors right across the street from the ship. The Shrimp Monfongo was our favorite.

1  Thank dyfennell