“Mojito heaven”

Ranked #13 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant & bar serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
New York City, New York
“Mojito heaven”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Um this place is great and the owner Mike is cool. My friends and i went based on a recommendation from our hotel and i know from experience the service will always be great but the food could be hit or miss. The service and food were excellent. I had the Churrasco with a side of mofongo and it was delish!!! I still have dreams about it. I got the criolle sauce and my friend had the same dish but instead she had the garlic (ajillo) sauce and both were exceptional. Drinks were off the chain...they had a ton of different beers which my friends got and variety of different mojitos...I loved the coconut and watermelon. Will definitely go back here next time i'm in Puerto Rico.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stephanie E

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Durham
“Te quiero from Table #9!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place has the best fish tacos we have ever had! The service is great from the staff to the manager! They are so wonderful we had to come back again and when we did, they remembered us! That is the sign of a wonderful restaurant. The staff was polite and very attentive! If you find yourself in need of a relaxing dinner in Old San Juan then DEFINITELY head over to Punto de Vista! Te quiero!

“Amazing”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps the best meal we had in pr. Both the fish and steak tacos were to die for. Highly recommend.

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“The place to eat Puerto Rican food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We generally ate very well in old San Juan, but this place was the best value. We were there for an academic conference, staying at the Sheraton hotel (which deserves its own review), and Punto de Vista was just steps away. It's right across the terminal where the big cruise ships dock. We liked our first meal there so much we went back, and we recommended the restaurant to others. The food is simple but pleasantly presented and absolutely delicious. I had the Mofongo (my first ever) with shrimp and garlic sauce. The sauce was yummy, especially when mashed into the plantain mixture along with the balsamic reduction that garnishes the plate. My husband experienced the churrasco--skirt steak marinated and grilled. He was in heaven. The following evening we both had the Mahi Mahi, which was slightly overcooked but still yummy, garnished with a mango sauce. And yes, the mojitos are two for one all day every day and come with lots of mint and lime. They don't stint on the rum either. We wondered why they were served in plastic glasses, but perhaps that was because we were eating outside. The service was GREAT! You won't regret eating here.

Wilmington DE
“Best on our cruise!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found this place a few years ago on another cruise, based on tripadvisor and our local cabdriver (who we later saw at happy hour there!)
It's such a dive-y, unassuming place, you have no reason to think you're going to have such amazing food there, but you sure do!
The mojitos are legendary, as well they should be. The strawberry, with muddled strawberries and crystal sugar around the rim, went down way too easy. Lucky I wasn't driving!
My husband had the mofungo with shrimp and garlic sauce, while I had the steak in spicy red sauce. I still dream about it! I don't think either of us spoke while we ate. It was that good. Just incredible flavors.The steak just melted in my mouth, and the shrimp was cooked perfectly, not easy to do. And while the place was packed, and it looked like mostly all locals, we didn't wait very long for a table, and the staff were kind, accomodating and friendly. The owner talked to us and told us he was from New Jersey! Small world!
Looking forward to our next cruise there and to another gourmet meal from this little unassuming place. Don't miss it!!

• Visited June 2013