“Great Food and Great Service”

Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant & bar serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were in OSJ via cruise ship and wanted to try mofongo. I did my research on TripAdvisor and decided Punto de Vista was our place. We had a relatively large group, so I emailed them asking if we needed reservations. I received a prompt reply from Michael saying they did not take reservations, but would do everything they could to accommodate us.

The big day arrived and we got a table with no problems. The mofongo was great, but (according to my kids) the tacos are excellent (and they live in Texas!!). We had 2-4-1 mojitos which were yummy. Our waitress was great and Michael came out to ensure everything was ok (several times). At the end of our meal, we thanked him for a great time and actually (for the first time) introduced ourselves. He recognized my name and was happy to finally meet us.

I was very impressed by the warm, friendly atmosphere and the food was outstanding!! If you don't go here at least once while in OSJ, you have truly missed out!!!

2  Thank Teddy S
There are newer reviews for Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Thanks to a search on Tripadvisor, found this amazing place just when we really needed a change from cruise food. Service was excellent, half-price mojitos, and an entirely new culinary experince in mufongo with pork. Would come back to San Juan just to eat here again! Thanks to the gracious owner for a happy experience...

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant once during our visit to Old San Juan and enjoyed it so much we went back a second time. The official description is restaurant and bar but I would caution diners to not expect a nice restaurant. This is a dive bar that has some seating inside but the majority of the seating is outside. It is across from the harbor and is next to one of the free trolly stops.

The first day I had the fish tacos with tostones. The second day, I once again went for the fish tacos (why mess with it if you like it) with the blended rice. The prices are very reasonable and the food has a taste and flare I wouldn't expect to find in a dive bar back home. The servers are very personable and added to the experience. The only thing I would caution diners on is the restroom. The ladies room was pretty gross and I was told the men's was similar.

All in all, when I go back to Old San Juan, this restaurant will be at the top of my list.

2  Thank GrumpyPug
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Punto de Vista was an excellent blend of quality and value. The food was delicious and service was top notch. The location was great (close to the harbor and the free trolly and tram) and the people watching was entertaining.

2  Thank JimG913
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was suggested by a friend of a friend. Small dive bar/restaurant right across from pier 4. It was out of this world. If you are in Puerto Rico and ant to try some local food, this is the place. The prices were reasonable and two for one mojitos that evening. We would go out of our way to go back to this place if we were to return to Puerto Rico.