“I thought abuela was in the back cooking!”

Punto de Vista Rooftop Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We spent the evening looking for this place and couldn't find it. Once we located it the next day it was like finding a hidden treasure. We were greeted by the bartender and given the special of the day which was the mojitos. Between my wife and myself we tried them all and were not disappointed. The menu selection was just enough variety so we ordered carne frita con arroz y habechuelas and my wife ordered nachos (could of fed at least three people). The taste of the food was like that if your grandmother's cooking I asked the bartender if my grandmother was in the back cooking because it was so delicious. As soon as I knew it he had pulled the chef out I the back and asked "is your grandmother this short?" We had a great time with the staff and the food was great. A definitely place to go back to

3  Thank Tank2AD
Write a ReviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We loved the amazing food and the staff is so friendly and welcoming! Not expensive at all and right in Old San Juan. Our group repeatedly went back in our four day visit. It is easy to find right near the main bus terminal and accessible by taxi, bus or trolley. The fish tacos, skirt steak and mofongo were excellent. Great selection of beers and also is a sports bar. We ate outside with a view of the harbor and pier. The staff was very attentive, fun, warm and so friendly. Only ten minutes from most hotels and the airport. The staff speaks Spanish and English.

1  Thank Lianne F
pdvosj, Owner at Punto de Vista Rooftop Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Hi LianneF, wow, you posted a very informative and great review of Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar. I could not have provided a better overview which will be very helpful for future travelers. Thanx again,.. Ciao, Michael

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Options for both indoor and outdoor dining. Buy one get one free mojitos in many varieties... The owner of the restaurant offered to call us a cab because it was raining out pretty badly. I've never had a restaurant offer to do that so it was nice! The rest of the reviews on here talk about the food. The service was great.

1  Thank destinationwedphotog

Hi destinTionweddingphotog, we believe it is the little things like calling a cab which makes Punto De Vista a great Bar / Restaurant. Thank you for posting a review and we hope to see you soon. Ciao, Michael

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Best fish tacos I have ever had as well as best Mojitos! The food presentation is great for this little bar/restaurant. And the staff is fabulous. Had dinner there almost every night. Thank you Michael for making our stay in Old San Juan wonderful. Ya - we were definitely regulars here!

1  Thank ChrissyT1023

Hi Chrissyt1023, I am still waiting to seeyou walk up to the restaurant to have Dinner each day. As you know we enjoy getting to know our gests and look forward to seeing you on future travels to PuertoRico. Thank you for aking the time to review Punto de Vista Restaurant.. ciao, Michael.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a pleasant experience, both culinary and with the staff/owner. This was such an amazing experience that 2 months later here I am writing a review. Let me say that the Churrasco (flank steak) was just amazing, the appetizer sampler was unique and very tasteful, and the Mofongo was a memory hard to forget (2nd time eater of Mofongo, hated it the fist time, now I can't stop thinking about it bc of this restaurant. If you go to PR and do not stop by at this place (after dawn) for drinks and amazing food, you missed out.

The staff made sure we had a great time, the owner came out to talk to us and gave us so many free drinks and treated us like friends. Forgot his name, but be sure to ask for him, white guy from NJ.....

Think of this review as a recommendation from someone that like to eat nothing but the best (Peter Lugers in NYC, checked....) and will only rate a place if it is a 5 rated (top experience) or a 1 rated (rather eat popcorn daily for 5 years before I eat this again!!!

Enjoy!! Also worth mentioning my other favorite spots in PR: La Playita (best Sangria in the world, Spain, DC, Chicago, NYC ..... got nothing on this place, Churrasco (flank Steak) amazing too!!!

2  Thank TronFP

Hi tronfp, Wow, what an amazing review based on your experience at Punto de Vista Restaurant in Old San Juan Puerto Rico. My staff and I do our best to treat customers like friends / regulars as we believe everyone will be back for our great food and service whether it be tomorrow or in a year. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.. Ciao, Michael