“Best Restaurant!”

Ranked #7 of 1,092 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Best fish tacos I have ever had as well as best Mojitos! The food presentation is great for this little bar/restaurant. And the staff is fabulous. Had dinner there almost every night. Thank you Michael for making our stay in Old San Juan wonderful. Ya - we were definitely regulars here!

1  Thank ChrissyT1023
pdvosj, Owner at Punto de Vista Rooftop Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Hi Chrissyt1023, I am still waiting to seeyou walk up to the restaurant to have Dinner each day. As you know we enjoy getting to know our gests and look forward to seeing you on future travels to PuertoRico. Thank you for aking the time to review Punto de Vista Restaurant.. ciao, Michael.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a pleasant experience, both culinary and with the staff/owner. This was such an amazing experience that 2 months later here I am writing a review. Let me say that the Churrasco (flank steak) was just amazing, the appetizer sampler was unique and very tasteful, and the Mofongo was a memory hard to forget (2nd time eater of Mofongo, hated it the fist time, now I can't stop thinking about it bc of this restaurant. If you go to PR and do not stop by at this place (after dawn) for drinks and amazing food, you missed out.

The staff made sure we had a great time, the owner came out to talk to us and gave us so many free drinks and treated us like friends. Forgot his name, but be sure to ask for him, white guy from NJ.....

Think of this review as a recommendation from someone that like to eat nothing but the best (Peter Lugers in NYC, checked....) and will only rate a place if it is a 5 rated (top experience) or a 1 rated (rather eat popcorn daily for 5 years before I eat this again!!!

Enjoy!! Also worth mentioning my other favorite spots in PR: La Playita (best Sangria in the world, Spain, DC, Chicago, NYC ..... got nothing on this place, Churrasco (flank Steak) amazing too!!!

2  Thank TronFP

Hi tronfp, Wow, what an amazing review based on your experience at Punto de Vista Restaurant in Old San Juan Puerto Rico. My staff and I do our best to treat customers like friends / regulars as we believe everyone will be back for our great food and service whether it be tomorrow or in a year. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.. Ciao, Michael

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We absolutely loved our meals at Punto De Vista, so much that we went back again with 14 friends! The owner Mike is a fantastic host who puts out top notch food of very high quality and the presentation is exceptional. This is a super fun place to eat and make new friends.
The restaurant is not fancy but servers like Jorgito make you feel super well cared for. Mike is so friendly and caring that he walked us up to get cabs. Run don't walk and eat the best mofungo and skirt steak ever!
Make sure to tell Mike Nancy from NJ said he rocks.

1  Thank n2011

Hi n2011, How could I forget yo and your friends.. I do not know who enjoyed it more... My staff or your friends. Jorgito was very happy to see yo mentioned him in your review of Punto de Vista Restaurant. We take great pride in our claim to having the best Mofongo in San Juan & reviews like yours validate our claim. Ciao, Michael

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a great restaurant and bar. We were so grateful that our concierge had told us about this place. Looks like a sports bar with most of the seating outside........perfect since you are in old San Juan across from the cruise ship docks. Mike, the owner, is originally from New Jersey and his staff is fabulous. Mike and the waiter, Jorgito, greeted us and suggested pork mufungo and the skirt steak. Both were gourmet presentations, with flavors that rivaled any more expensive places in the area. We brought groups of people several times and were sure to call ahead to make sure they could accommodate us. You would be crazy to not try this. You will not be sorry. Thanks to Mike and Jorgito and the fabulous chefs!

2  Thank Debbie M

Hi DebbieM, I definitely remember you and your group from your visits to Punto de Vista Restaurant. My staff thoroughly enjoyed your group during each visit and were a tad sad to see you all leave for home. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues o. Your next visit to Puerto Rico whether it be another conference or a simple weekend getaway.. Ciao, Michael

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff was fast, courteous, friendly, and helpful. Kudos to them. However, I was a little disappointed by this one. The food was good, but didn't compare to some of the other places we ate at in Old San Juan. I was excited when I saw this one because I remembered the name and that it had good reviews on here. But as I was sitting out on the pation eating dinner, I looked up and saw the Giant cruise ship directly across the street and realized why it was so popular.

1  Thank thetwinsontour

Hi thetwinsontour, Obviously we an not Wow everyone as we all have our personal taste palettes. However, we are appreciative for your review as it gives us incentive to strive forward & not become complacent. Ciao, Michael