“Bed, Breakfast and Puppy!”
Review of Casa Los Cummins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Juan
Casa Los Cummins
Ranked #9 of 30 B&Bs / Inns in San Juan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We loved our two night stay with Nina, Natalia, and the new puppy, Suki. Talk about feeling right at home! My husband's favorite part was getting puppy kisses each day from Natalia's new Havenese puppy. Mine was sitting upstairs for the afternoon (while my husband toured the Bacardi Rum Factory) in the gorgeous, open family room and veranda. I also enjoyed walking to the beach four or five blocks away and seeing the high-rise hotels there and being thankful that I had chosen Casa Castellana over any of them.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki4

Reviewed January 17, 2014

this was our second trip (the first time we stayed in OId San Juan) .This time we wanted some sun/beach and stayed a week at Casa Castellana--both Natalie and her daughter Nina were awesome. from hot omlettes with avacado and fresh mango to dinner walks to show hidden jewels in Mercado Plaza Sancture...they will help you out like family-- and i am not putting any lipstick here! They offer very good prices relative to say hotels..and quite frankly the best beach --access to anyone--does not belong to any 5 star hotel but the one that is joint to the well known public park (Parque Luis Munoz Rivera). So think hard why you want to stay at a 5 star (without breakfast) unless you are fastidious about 24/7 bell boys/reception

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bunty-dc
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We very much enjoyed our experience in Casa Castellana. Nina and Natalia were our hostesses, and both went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. On our first morning there, Nina even walked with us three blocks to show us a good restaurant. We had chosen the Toledo room, but found it too closed-in, and next time we shall select one of the other rooms. Having secure parking for the car was a real bonus. We will certainly go back when we are in San Juan again.

Room Tip: I am confident other rooms would be better, but many would like the Toledo room for its privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bill A
casacastellana, Manager at Casa Los Cummins, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Saludos!
We are very happy to hear you still enjoyed your stay with us despite the disappointment with your accommodations. We always try to ensure that our guests are as comfortable and satisfied with their accommodations as possible while staying with us.
Guests are encouraged and asked to bring any issue to our attention as soon as possible so we can correct it quickly and to the best of our ability. If space allows, we offer upgrades whenever possible. Unfortunately we can not do anything about the sizes of our rooms, we do the best to describe them through square footage, pictures, and soon video so there are no surprises. We do try to maximize the space as much as possible while still making them comfortable.
We are delighted to hear that you would consider staying with us again! Please contact me next time directly for reservations so your next visit can be perfect!
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for staying with us during your vacation to Puerto Rico!

Nina
Casa Castellana Management
ninacasacastellana@gmail.com (813)731-4285

For future guests, here is a brief description of the Toledo room location. It is nestled in a shady corner of Casa Castellana and is our private entrance suite, also known as the "Garden Room". The entrance is on the side of the house through a small partly covered private garden patio area with comfortable places to sit and filled with tropical plants. It is adjacent to a private gated parking spot. The room has one large window that opens up to the patio area.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Casa Castellana was not good..it was Great!! Natalia and her daughter were very welcoming and accommodating to our needs. She gave us a welcoming tour of the 100 yr old Villa, very nice architecture but with all the modern amenities. There was no central AC, but it was very nice at night and all the rooms had fast acting AC units that were ice cold :D. Natalia helped us around town and suggested places to eat, see and party! The villa is walking distance to whatever you need, surfing, beach, bars, restaurants, etc. Natalia was also went above and beyond in finding us a reliable taxi to pick us up from airport and cater to our destination needs the entire weekend. The Breakfast was also very good. We will definitely be coming back soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, I forgot the names of them, but the master is very large and nice, and only...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brian R

Thanks for celebrating this special event with us! We are always happy to host any group for any occasion! Thanks for mentioning how centrally located we are to all activities San Juan has to offer. We know how important a god nights sleep is so having good ac for our guests is very important to us :) Please keep us in mind for future travels to Puerto Rico and we look forward to welcoming you back one day!
Natalia
Casa Castellana

Reviewed October 1, 2013

First time going to Puerto Rico, and was a little hesitant about a bed and breakfast, but my girlfriend had booked it. This place was amazing, very well kept, clean, and the owner treated us like family. Breakfast in the morning was fresh, and made for us and served to us, everyone was extremely nice to us, and gave us advice on where to go and what to do. Its like a home away from home!! Only two blocks away from the beach, and a block away from the main strip of restaurants and stores. The first thing when we got there at 7pm the owner of the place, before we even said anything, recommended two places to go eat because she knew we would be hungry, and the food was great at the place she recommended.

Also my girlfriend had to cancel her trip last year to this Bed and Breakfast and instead of losing the money, they let her just use it for a trip another time so she didn't lose out on anything! Great people, great place and will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David G
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I fly through San Juan frequently, as I am from the United States but I teach at a school on the island of Dominica.

I was inspired to stay at a B&B by two of my close friends in Dominica - a wife and husband team who run a small hotel in Dominica (The Champs!).

I am so happy to say that my stay with Natalia exceeded all of my expectations!! She was professional, courteous, but created a place that you felt at home in. She gave me superb restaurant suggestions, and goes out of her way to help you arrange your activities for the day. She also has a good read on people, and can assess what you might like as an individual.

She has told me, though, that when I come back to San Juan I need to learn Spanish, but with Natalia's help I made it through without that (though I intend to learn at least a little Spanish).

The breakfasts were wonderful, held upstairs on a garden deck and the food was amazing that she prepared.

Love, love loved it!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura J
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to San Juan (10 trips a year) and decided to take the advice from a friend and stay here. If they were 6 stars this beautiful historic clean and welcoming B&B would get them!! First, the entire home was spotless - and cleanliness for me is always number one. Next - its a 100 year old Spanish architectural beauty with all the modern ammenities of 2013 - but this home has not lost its historic and cultural charm. Natalia and her daughter Nina were my fabulous hosts and treated me like family. Natalia is one amazing cook - nothing like a homecooked breakfast on the top floor breezy terrace - wow! I stayed in the Cordoba Suite - perfect bed and the AC was awesome. The bathroom was an experience - the Roman shower was awesome. The rooms are private and soundproof! There are beautiful pieces of art, stained glass, and mini skylights throughout. The Condado area of San Juan is the place to be! And this B&B is 2 blocks from the beach and all that there is to do. Natalia knows how to arrange every tour and activity that Puerto Rico has to offer - she rocks! I recommend Casa Castellana as the perfect B&B in San Juan!

Room Tip: Try the Cordoba Suite - wow!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business