“Perfect”
other travelers have booked this property
Condado/ Ocean Park Beach Window and View.JPG
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Condado/ Ocean Park Beach
Window and View.JPG
Sitting area of ocean view studio
Queen size bed, cable tv and high speed internet access
Sitting area of ocean view studio
Comfortable queen size bed and original artwork
Dining area and fully-equipped kitchen
Fully Equipped Kitchen with all appliances and utensils
Air conditioning and ceiling fans in addition to a nice ocean breeze
Comfortable sleeping area
Clean new bathroom with shower, bathtub and walk-in closet
Pool and Tennis Court.JPG
Building and pool
Sitting area with view of the ocean
View of the apartment building from the beach
View of the ocean and swimming pool directly from the apartment window
Beach Volleyball
Beach Volleyball Game
Popular beach with tourists and locals
Romantic Hammock on the Beach.JPG
Picnic and BBQ Area on the Building's Grounds.JPG
Game room with pool table and ping-pong
Gym with weights and treadmills
Windsurfing in front of the building
View of the sunset from the apartment window
View of the beach from apartment window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

a-ptravel...
Belmar, New Jersey
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We stayed in Dr. Claudio's Ocean front Studio from April 26th to May3rd. We were a bit leery since it was our first time using Flip Key but the price was better than any of the local hotels and it had an ocean view, a pool, security/ gated building, parking space included, kitchen etc so, being practical minded, I booked it. It was perfect for us. Exactly what you see in the pictures and video. Pleasant people in the building, check in and out were a breeze, great location, Ocean Front so you hear the waves and see the sunrise and sunset from the room. The pool was huge and amazing and there are plenty of lounge chairs to sit on either under a tree in the shade or in the sun. To access the beach you use your key and go in/out of the gate...we walked to the right, closer to Ocean Park Beach because they had a roped off section there and chair rentals/umbrella rentals. The water temperature was very inviting and the waves were fun to swim in. It was also fun to watch the surfers and the kite boarders. The gym wasn't much but it didn't really matter because we jogged in the mornings (with all the other joggers) while it was cooler and swam for exercise. Bring your tennis rackets if you want to play tennis, the court is nice. We rented a car the whole time from Charlie Car Rental in Isla Verde and got the ez pass thing for an extra $10 so we could ride the expressway and wouldn't have to stop at toll booths. Driving to Old San Juan was easy and parking at Dona Fela parking garage or the public parking lot was convenient (we went twice). We booked a kayaking trip in Culebra that included ferry tickets and that was awesome....beautiful Flamenco Beach, kayaking and snorkelling to see coral reefs and sea turtles. We drove to Fajardo and met up with the people from the excursion and they gave us the ferry ticket so we avoided waiting in the LONG line and risking not getting on the ferry- totally worth it. Our other outings included driving to/through El Junque Rainforest and hiking(especially to La Coca Falls -wear your bathing suit!), Fajardo Bio Bay electric boat tour, the beautiful Luquillo Beach (bring a dollar for the bath house so you can shower/change/use toilets/use locker).
Dr. Claudio's studio was a perfect home away from home spot for our vacation in Puerto Rico. It was all we wanted and more.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
JAMLV
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Better Than Described”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The unit was actually more updated than the pictures show online. A friend and I went - she took the bed and I slept on the futon which was really comfortable. The views were amazing and the ocean breeze was perfect. YES, we were lulled to sleep by sound of the ocean waves. Lorena the property manager was nice - as soon as she learned I spoke some Spanish we got our overview of the unit in Spanish :) I understood everything she said. We didn't need to call her for anything because everything we needed was there already.
One of the elevators was broken the entire time we were there, which sometimes lead to long wait times. But, what I really appreciated is that Luz the property owner warned us a week in advance and offered to upgrade us to one of her larger units at no extra charge, which I thought was wonderful, but we decided to stay in the studio unit anyway because the view was sooo PERFECT. Luz was very honest, professional, and I would definitely stay in this studio unit again or one of her other properties. Also, the residents in the building were very friendly and we felt like a part of the community - not tourists. The property is also less than 5 minutes walking distance to Starbucks and good restaurants so the location is great too. But, I do recommend renting a car if you want to see other places in Puerto Rico besides Condado.

So, in summary, it was two women staying in this unit and it was plenty of room for us and all of our stuff and like I said the futon was very comfortable - I forgot I was sleeping on a futon, lol :) And my friend she slept well in the bed. But, I would not recommend this unit for more than 2 adults.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The bathroom was small but it was a studio apartment so that is to be expected.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 16, 2014
Hola!
So very nice of you to take the time from your busy schedule to post a review, especially such a positive one.
You are right, I should update the pictures on the website but we are constantly updating the furniture, and trying to improve in the little details that make the place so special. I am glad that the apartment surpassed your expectations and that it was clean and comfortable.
One thing I have learned from 8 years of offering vacation rentals is that being honest with guests is the very best policy. So glad that you appreciated that.
Let me also say that you were wonderful guests to have. Lorena in particular really enjoyed your effort to communicate in Spanish and I really appreciated your contact while you were staying in the apartment. Guests like you make our efforts worthwhile.
Thank you again for choosing our apartment for your vacation in Puerto Rico. Please know that you would be most welcome any time.
Warm regard,
Lorena, Dr. Claudio and family
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2014 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway
May 16, 2014
Hola! Thank you so much for posting your review. Yes, you are in fact correct. The building is completely rebuilding the elevators so the workers stop each at a time as they install the new ones. We expect that the new elevators will be completed shortly, so next time you come the building should have the new elevators already running.
I am so very glad that you are ok now and that you received good care at the Presby Hospital next door to our building. As a doctor myself, I include the hospital in my list of recommendations as anything can happen while one is traveling. In fact, two of our guests have given birth there (one planned and the other unplanned :).
Again, thank you for staying in our vacation home and we hope to have you come back again soon.
Dr. Claudio, Lorena and family
Maureen P
Buffalo, New York
“Great pool area”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

For what we needed the studio apartment was perfect. Clean & dated. Our only real problem was the greeter that met us on Sunday nite. Lovely woman who spoke very limited English. When I had a problem, during the week after some interruptions. it was taken care of.. Elevators in the building are a nightmare. One being repaired, one waiting to be repaired & a third VERY overworked

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location & pool
Liked least: elenators
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 8, 2014
Dear Maureen,
Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you had a great time at our home. I am very glad that you found the apartment to be clean. This is very important to us.

Also very happy that youl liked the pool area. This is one of the very unique features of our building since it is the only condominium in the area that is directly beach front AND has a pool.

At the time of your stay, the elevators were being completely replaced and modernized. This caused some delays, but according to other guests, there were no interruptions in service. The elevator work is being completed and this will really improve the experience of staying at our place.

Detailed instructions are provided at the time of rental. I understand that guests sometimes do not have the time to read them and for that reason, they need to call us for assistance such as instructions on how to access the internet. Even though we provide all of these written instructions, we are always very happy to respond to any issues by telephone or in person.

Guests who do not speak Spanish, the official language in Puerto Rico, are instructed to call me directly and you were given my cell phone number for that purpose.

One of the best things that we offer is that our property manager lives one block away, therefore, we can provide excellent and courteous service should a problem arise during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope that you will reconsider your recommendation. With the new elevators, next time should be an even better experience for you.

Dr. Claudio
MA
Reviewed March 24, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Mar 24, 2014
Dear Adam,
I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review. Your review really lifted our spirits as we've had some challenging moments with some of our guests as the elevators in the building were being rebuilt.

Guests like you are what keep us going. You were courteous, relaxed and obviously an experienced traveler who is open to new experiences. I am really appreciative that even though our property manager doesn't speak English, you made an effort to communicate with her and you appreciated the hard work that she does to keep the apartment clean and comfortable for you.

Even though we could easily just rent our apartments full time, it is because of people like you that we keep doing the hard work of vacation rentals. Thank you again so much for your kind words, which come at the perfect time.

Please know that we offer a discount to repeat customers and we look forward to having you back. Consider this your second home in Puerto Rico.

Dr. Claudio and Lorena
Chicago
Reviewed September 26, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Scranton
Reviewed June 14, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Jun 14, 2013
Sandra, Thank you for the wonderful review. It was lovely to have you stay in our vacation home. Several of our neighbors asked me about the "supermodel staying in our apartment" and commented on how nice and beautiful you are. Please come back any time. Mi casa es su casa. Best, Luz
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing