“Find this place! You won't be sorry!”
Review of Jose Enrique

Jose Enrique
Ranked #36 of 1,034 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located in the Placita de Santurce, the local farmers' market in the heart of San Juan and a very popular Friday night hangout among the locals.
Virginia
“Find this place! You won't be sorry!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Found this place on TA. We found the neighborhood alright but couldn't spot the restaurant -- no sign or street number to be seen. Luckily the hostess was on the porch and she asked us what we were looking for -- bingo found the place. It was 6 pm on a Saturday; she took our names and told us to come back at 6:25 because they didn't open until 6:30. Long line when we returned but got seated right away. Menus were on dry erase boards. About 8-10 items to choose from for each course. Everything was fresh and delicious and we are already thinking about going back! There is a small parking lot for restaurant customers right across the street. We didn't see it until after we had parked a few blocks up.

Anyway, we very highly recommend! It is a very good value for your money- nice sized plates at all courses.

London
“Ok but not great”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Waited a bit before sitting. Waitresses were very friendly and good looking :) service was fast and efficient one seated, but food was average at best definitely not in line with the raving reviews read in here unless the standard in Puerto Rico is not that good, which based on my three experiences so far I start to suspect. Anyway overall I it is ok mainly due to the nice staff not on the food.

Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Will come back to PR just to eat here... I am not kidding”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is the epitome of a five-star rated restaurant. The restaurant itself has a homey and comfortable feel. The service (OMG, Denise is the best) is better than any I experienced in Puerto Rico --- used dishes, silverware, and empty glass seemed to disappear into thin air and be replaced before they were even missed. The food was brought out quickly and was delicious. We had the fish nuggets and crab stuffed plantain for appetizers. My dining companion loved the fish nuggets (I thought they were good), and I loved the crab stuffed plantain (she thought they were fine, she is not a big fan of plantain). As far as entrees, the maui maui was perfectly cooked and the breadfruit mofongo was the best I have had on the island; the mignon empenada w/ cabello (fried eggs) was LOVED by my dining mate. BTW, the house hot sauce is spectacular; reminds me of a spicy remoulade and the rice and bean... yum!

• Visited October 2012
“Great overall experience.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Read the reviews and wanted to try it. Overall an excellent experience. We arrived by cab. Be prepared because the hood is a little shady and the restaurant had no sign. In fact our cab driver had a hard time finding it. We arrived at 6:15 on a Tuesday night and there were many open tables. We were greeted promptly and sat down immediately. Great selection of appetizers. We tried 2 and both were excellent. Main courses were chicken, mahi mahi, and Covina. All with great preparations and good portion size. We had desserts of queso, flan, and the chocolate brownie. Mojito and sangria were also very good. Overall this is well worth the difficulty in finding it, the rough neighborhood, and any wait time. I would highly recommend the restaurant.

1 Thank Hveno_98
louisville
“Amazing Food & Atmosphere! A must!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I found Jose Enrique on Trip Advisor and knew that it was the 1 restaurant that I had to eat at while in San Juan! The food, drinks, and atmosphere was awesome! A very local chill place that you could dress casually or dress up if you wanted. The bar had the best mojitos and sangrias that we could find in San Juan. It is a very small place so I would suggest going a little early so that you can make sure that you get in. The prices are very reasonable as well. We had 4 drinks, an appitizer, 2 entrees, and a dessert for roughly 120.00

Visited September 2012