“Nice local restuarant with local dishes!”
Review of Latin Star

Latin Star
Ranked #812 of 1,093 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144586-San_Juan-Latin_Star.html
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went here for lunch as my favorite was not yet open. The food was good and amble. Staff was friendly; but atmosphere so-so.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

After recommendations from several locals, we walked a few blocks from our hotel and enjoyed a wonderful meal at this small restaurant, that offers both indoor and outdoor seating. The sangria was wonderful, as was my mofongo. There were four of us and each of us was impressed with our meals. We would definitely return on our next trip to Puerto Rico .

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just decided to stop in and get some food. Bad Idea. The service wasn't good and the food was very bland. I wish we would have gone to the first restaurant we looked at to get some food. The price is way way too expensive compared to the food you get. I would say for the price you pay; you could eat somewhere a lot nicer and with better food and service.

1  Thank Zach P
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had dinner here once and it was the worst dinner of my trip. The host never got off the phone and just handed us menus and told us to sit down. I was hungry so I decided to overlook this and thought I would give this place a try. The menu is huge and it takes a while to go through it. A few of the plates are displayed as you walk by the front entrance.

The prices were way too high for my budget but I found a chicken cordon blue type dish..it came with rice and beans. The beans tasted like it was reheated and didn't have all that many beans. I didn't eat it much because I had the feeling they were leftovers and it was on the verge of going bad. My chicken dish, I'm fairly sure was microwaved to reheat or maybe it was just stuck in a deep fryer for a few minutes again..either way it had a thick, chewy batter that wasn't all that great. My friend had a mufongo that was average at best and nothing special.

Then..we get the bill..for a party of two and noticed that he already added a 15% gratuity to the price..nothing on the menu said anything about an automatic gratuity charge, but I ended up paying for overpriced leftovers.

Service was non existent and we had to flag down a hostess to get our bill. Lesson learned..and I will never recommend this place to anyone in San Juan. There are much better places to eat in this area and who treat you better.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had dinner here our first night in PR. The food was good but the service was horrible. It took 20 minutes to get a glass of water. They are overpriced for what they offer you. We did go back for lunch one day and that was better in terms of the service.