“Not impressed...watch your bill. Go elsewhere”
Review of Latin Star

Latin Star
Ranked #759 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Puerto Rican, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144586-San_Juan-Latin_Star.html
Wichita, Kansas
“Not impressed...watch your bill. Go elsewhere”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had dinner here once and it was the worst dinner of my trip. The host never got off the phone and just handed us menus and told us to sit down. I was hungry so I decided to overlook this and thought I would give this place a try. The menu is huge and it takes a while to go through it. A few of the plates are displayed as you walk by the front entrance.

The prices were way too high for my budget but I found a chicken cordon blue type dish..it came with rice and beans. The beans tasted like it was reheated and didn't have all that many beans. I didn't eat it much because I had the feeling they were leftovers and it was on the verge of going bad. My chicken dish, I'm fairly sure was microwaved to reheat or maybe it was just stuck in a deep fryer for a few minutes again..either way it had a thick, chewy batter that wasn't all that great. My friend had a mufongo that was average at best and nothing special.

Then..we get the bill..for a party of two and noticed that he already added a 15% gratuity to the price..nothing on the menu said anything about an automatic gratuity charge, but I ended up paying for overpriced leftovers.

Service was non existent and we had to flag down a hostess to get our bill. Lesson learned..and I will never recommend this place to anyone in San Juan. There are much better places to eat in this area and who treat you better.

• Finnish first
Staten Island, New York
“Not bad”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had dinner here our first night in PR. The food was good but the service was horrible. It took 20 minutes to get a glass of water. They are overpriced for what they offer you. We did go back for lunch one day and that was better in terms of the service.

Orlando, Florida
“Rip Off”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Beware, this place is the biggest rip off I've been to here, I stay in Puerto Rico at the marriott about 50 days thru out the year which is across the street of the Latin star an always trying different places , but the food is not bad but if your a tourist an order one of there specials CHECK the price! I had the fried fish an when I got the bill he charged me 60$ for just the fish . I get this dinner in a few places down here an always pay 30 to 40 $ tops a that's for a fish twice the size of there's . I asked the waiter are you sure about this price. This was a total tourist rip off

• Visited February 2014
“Good Food... Good Service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Came here with friends for lunch. We had beef stew...very good....and appetizers ...also very good. We were worried about service after reading some previous reviews but we had no issus. Very attentive and friendly.

Palos Heights, Illinois
“Nice Puerto Rican Flavor”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Serves breakfast Lunch and dinner. Our visit was at lunch. Chicken breast marinated was very good, Beef skirt steak was tender and juicy, the fish creole style was very good also. Very Puerto Rican style.

Visited January 2014