“just ok”

Latin Star
Ranked #777 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144586-San_Juan-Latin_Star.html
Scottsdale, Arizona
“just ok”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

One of those places where when you need a quick bite to eat, and your in the area you go there. I didn't really like it, for a beer fine, but to see the waiters hanging out in front of this place all week smoking is not good. It is located across from the casino on Ashford ave and uses its location to stay in business, because the food is just average. I think people coming out of the hotel eat there once and then never again. It was just very average food.
The waiters were very friendly and I would go there for a beer and "bar food" but that's it.
Sort of a rough clientele hanging out front and next door is a tattoo shop, so go figure! Also a popular place for taxi's parking out front.

• Visited December 2011

• Finnish first
Boston
“good mofongo and oxtail stew”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Had dinner here - service was relaxed, but OK. Food was decent, but we liked other places better. I would go back.

• Visited November 2011
“Do Not Order "fancy" dishes there!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The staff was friendly, however, our waiter forgot to bring us the shrimp we ordered (it wasn't on the bill so maybe he just didn't hear us order it). It probably was a blessing in disguise since the $52 lobster my husband ordered was Definitely Not Worth the price- the meat was too tough. My chicken mofongo was ok (the plantain was a bit chunky- I don't know how mushed it's suppossed to be though). The drinks were good.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nothing special”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I recently returned from a visit to the Condado area to celebrate my birthday. I have been going to Puerto Rico all of my life but I always check Trip Advisor prior to each trip to see what is recommended. I had come across Latin Star and thought it would be a good place to dine for breakfast or lunch. It was walking distance from the condo we were staying at and so we thought we would give it a try. We decided to go there for breakfast. The service was bad from the start. Our waitress was emotionless, very somber. She was one of the few people I have met in Puerto Rico that was this way. She was also very slow to even get our drink order and when she did it took forever for her to bring the drinks. Anyway, since it is not a personality contest, we tried to overlook it and hope that the food was better. The food was o.k. I had a Cubano sandwich which sadly was just on regular bread, not the wonderful bread I usually have it on. My husband had french toast which was really burnt on one side and almost raw in the middle. In the end we chose not to dine at Latin Star again during our trip and will not be returning on any future visits. Definitely not recommended.

• Visited September 2011
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“This was awful!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had dinner here because it wasclose to our hotel (the San Juan Marriott) and filled with locals. We also wanted to try genuine Puerto Rican food. We would have been better off getting dinner from Walgreen's next door, as the food at Latin Star was not good at all.
Service was so painfully slow that we were tempted to walk out, but we had already ordered drinks. I can't remember what we even ordered, as it was unremarkable but pricey.
Do yourself a favor and don't eat here.

• Visited August 2011