“Very good food, not a fancy place!”
Review of Latin Star

Latin Star
Ranked #781 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144586-San_Juan-Latin_Star.html
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Great greasy real PR food. Highly recommend the steak and sangria! Pork chunk appetizer was really good too! The waiter/waitresses work their butts off and deserve the tips they earn, although they got very busy while we were there and there were only 2 working so we waited a little longer for refills and the check, but not a very long time. Cheap prices which is very nice after spending a fortune everywhere else!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Food is subpar and the service is terrible. They are not interested is making good food or making you happy.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

The restaurant seemed to be full of locals and tourists, so we thought we would stop by for breakfast. After waiting a few minutes, we ordered breakfast and noticed there were a lot of other people waiting as well. Food started coming out of the kitchen and going back. We both ordered scrambled eggs, bacon and a side of toast. The toast I believe was left over french bread from the night before. It was sliced on a diagonal and "toasted" on the grill with some butter (I think). The eggs tasted like old grease and the bacon was okay. There are better places to choose within walking distance.

I also ordered a soda and it was warm, but came with a glass of ice. Though the meal was cheap, not worth it.

2  Thank Trisheee
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This was across the street from the Marriott Stellaris Resort and Casino. It was worse than mediocre. Cold dried out eggs, undercooked bacon and a long wait. Go to the Dunkin Donuts down the street--it would be gourmet compared to this place. There were six of us and none of us were satisfied with our food :(

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I ate here twice during my last visit to PR. Once for dinner on a Friday night. We lucked out and had a very friendly waitress and ate delicious Latin food (lechon with rice and beans) but it took forever for the food to come. Way past the normal expectation. Because the restaurant was crowded I didn't think it was a pattern, but I returned a week later (Saturday April 2) for lunch. We got a male waiter who barely made eye contact with us, and never once came to the table. Imagine that! I had to ask for help from whoever was passing by to a) place the order, b) ask for water, c) ask where our food was, d) ask for the check. When it came time to pay I couldn't bear the thought of waiting for the waiter to come take the credit card so I went in and paid myself. There were 2 other female waitstaff who were slightly more attentive, not friendly. Then of course the food took forever again, for simple egg, ham and cheese sandwich, and pork dish. In addition the toilet in the men's bathroom was not working properly, and a staff person (the male waiter) just had used it, so the restaurant was aware---but hadn't fixed it. So even if they have one nice waitress, and if the food is reasonably priced, I would never go back to this place again. I can't stand poor service or waiting for food over 1/2 hour.