“Great food, great coffee, wonderfull service all in Old San Juan!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aromas Coffeehouse & Restaurant - CLOSED

Aromas Coffeehouse & Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Trendy coffeeshop in the heart of Old San Juan. Friendly owners. Great food for all budgets, from sandwhiches and wraps to gourmet creations. Healthy and excellent value. Gourmet coffee, full bar and happy hour. Live music and kareoke on Friday nights. Did I mention excellent food and super friendly staff?!
San Juan
“Great food, great coffee, wonderfull service all in Old San Juan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great place for a for a hearty breakfast or a rich coffee. For lunch have a good variety. The mamposteao rice was delicious. If you have a weekend in Old San Juan, try this place. Great service, great food.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SanJuanIcs

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Wonderful surprise of a restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

While Aromas is touted as a coffeehouse, its menu is much more than that. We were a party of ten who went there on the eve of a major holiday for lunch and were treated extremely well. We ordered the local appetizers sampler, as well as tasty, well-prepared entrees and a wide variety of excellent desserts, sich as cheese flan, nutella flan, chocolate brownie cake, carrot cake, and an apple pie-like concoction "a la mode" that my 87-year-old mom wolfed down with delight. Among the side dishes, the arroz mamposteao, a rice dish made with red kidney beans and a variety of small pieces of vegetables and sweet peppers, was particularly good.

The only glitch was that they were in the middle of the process to renew their liquior license, so we were not able to order drinks or wine from the house. No problem, though. We were able to fetch a couple of adequate wine bottles from the market a block away, drank them with our meal, and they did not even charge us a corking fee.

The owner was present and worked as hard as everyone else who served us, all of them working hard with ample smiles all along. The bill came out to less than $25 per person, including tips, which suited us just fine, too.

By the sight of the breakfast dishes that other reviewers have posted, we will definitely return for breakfast soon.

1 Thank crvcrv
Washington, DC
“Multiple Visits Are Warranted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I discovered this restaurant on a food tour and decided to visit a second time. The coffeehouse moniker is a misnomer since they also serve great food and drinks. I was introduced to THE best virgin pina colada ever! I never drink alcohol, but was introduced to this little gem and I continued to order the same drink every where I went, but the quality wasn't as great as here. I was hooked from day one on their Chicharrónes con pollo and amarillos. I had to have them a second time along with a salad.

The service both times was brisk, the staff friendly, and the food hot when it arrived each time! The second time I visited, I sat in the coffee area in the back with staff on break. We watched a vintage basketball game together and they recommended lots of places to eat and enjoy. It was really relaxing like being at home. I'd recommend and return.

Northern New Jersey
“Great alternative to high-priced hotel breakfasts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at El Convento, which had a pricey breakfast menu; so we walked around and found this little gem. Every variation on a coffee drink you can think of! There are two separate menus--both about the same size--one for coffees and one for food! I got delicious pancakes with fresh fruit on top and they were awesome! Spoiled me for a subsequent pancake breakfast I had later in the trip that just didn't compare. Very reasonably priced!! Nice casual breakfast.

Visited December 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“This is a place you would want to visit on more than one occasion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

So far I have visited this place twice (in the same day)! I had 2 pina colada's, cuban sandwich with the freshest bread I have ever eaten, the tastiest home potatoes with their signature homemade condiment. I think it is a guava sauce. I will verify tomorrow. I also had a delicious cup of hot chocolate. I still remember the taste of every item that I ate. The location is great. As soon as I got off the bus from Coronada I used my gps to direct me to the street. Upon entering the restaurant there are paintings on the wall, & another wall is hung with long white flowing curtains. The ceiling has nice dark wood boards. The place has a lot of character. There is a dessert case & nice bar area. So far I have sitten at the same table (small orange seats). I plan to visit again for both breakfast & lunch. It is only a 75cent bus ride each way from where I am staying. On my first visit I also met the owners son & after talking to him found out his father lived in my current city of Jacksonville Florida many years ago & we both worked on the same military base. Very small world indeed. I enjoyed talking to Walter Jr & interacting with other staff members. During my 2nd visit about 4 hours later I observed many people coming in who knew each other. it is a very friendly place. If you come with more than yourself just for 1 day, I encourage you to try many different selections and share. Then you can taste several delicious items on the menu.