“Neat small fine ding”
Review of Niche Bistro

Niche Bistro
Ranked #43 of 1,007 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and enjoy our International, Caribbean cuisine in an intimate atmosphere. Give yourself and your loved ones, one the best culinary experiences in Puerto Rico in our romantic and unique atmosphere.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Neat small fine ding”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Dined here with a group. We took a large portion of the seating. The small size made the restaurant very personal. Service was great. Chef willing to mix things up to your liking. Filet was a hit with those that ordered. Halibut was great. Scallops were good, but definitely not the front runner for that night.

“Another fantastic dinner”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We just dined at Niche for the second year running and 4th time over all. It never disappoints. From the small but warm and friendly staff to the outstanding food. The lobster is a must try and the red snapper is also great. Start with a mojito, made the right way, not too much sugar and lots of mint. Donna was our server again and did a wonderful job. This is a great place for a romantic dinner for two. Make sure to make a reservation as it is small, only 7 tables.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Delightful and private”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Niche offers dining in a small private environment. The food was delicious, carefully prepared and beautifully presented. The service-very attentive and professional. The restaurant is small and challenges the servers but they handle it very well. We were so glad to have found Niche, it was one of the best dinners of our trip.

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By FAR the best we had”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in San Juan for an entire week which included Valentine's Day. We ate at several restaurants in PR and Niche was by far the best. Not even close! Its a little difficult to find (its on a side street in a small boutique hotel that has to buzz you in, but it was well worth it.) It's VERY small, so I'd recommend reservations. But the place is nice and personal. There were only 4 employees working: the server, bartender, and two ppl in the kitchen.
Let me start off by saying that the staff is extemely friendly and knowledgeable. They were perfect. The mojitos that they said "We're known for" were spectacular! We figured they were just saying theirs were the best, but they really were great. They took their time in making them but they were strong and smooth; the best we've ever had!
The food?! UNBELIEVABLE! I saw the menu online and thought I'd try the lobster with pumpkin and bacon risotto. It was so good i didnt want to eat it. I never wanted that risotto to end. It was fantastic. I believe my girlfriend got the pork, which was also very very good. I have no complaints about this restuarant. We ate out everyday in PR and it wasnt even close. Niche is worth the trip. We were very surprised to see that it wasnt higher on the best of list for San Juan; maybe its because ppl just dont know about it. The pricing wasn't too outrageous: 4 drinks, two entrees, an appetizer with tip we were out the door under $200. So worth it. If you cant tell by now, we definitely recommend!!

• Visited February 2013
“It used to be bettet”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Niche various times. But I stopped going because the restaurant has changed chefs twice in the last year and the quality of the food has decreased. This time was no different, all fish products were previously frozen none were fresh, the sauces wee bland and watery. We had the duck tacos, they were almost tasteless, the same with the carpaccio and the lamb chops. Service is friendly but not efficient. I do not recomend this restaurant unless it improves the food quality and its preparation.

4 Thank pjbaez