“A Cozy Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Niche Bistro

Niche Bistro
Ranked #35 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and enjoy our International, Caribbean cuisine in an intimate atmosphere. Give yourself and your loved ones, one the best culinary experiences in Puerto Rico in our romantic and unique atmosphere.
Helena, Montana, United States
“A Cozy Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Discovered this restaurant my first day in Puerto Rico as I stayed in the hotel Acacia. I now live here and Niche remains my favorite. The menu is an excellent uncomplicated mix of seafood, meats, and starch based dishes. Their preparations are outstanding as is the quality of the food. Service is top notch and the house special pina and coco martini shouldn't be missed. My favorites include the lamb, scallops, risotto and their ceviche.

Atmosphere here is cozy - the restaurant has about 8 tables and seats another 6-8 at the bar. Dark wood and stone combined with mood lighting and soft music makes this a good place to take a date or have a business dinner or if you just want a relaxing gourmet meal on the quiet side.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Darren C

Michigan
“an excellent small restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

A restaurant associated with the At Wind Chimes and with the Acacia hotels - with gourmet meals and nice wait staff.

Visited January 2013
New York City
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I consider PR to be my second home and visit 2-3 tines a year. Last year, I found the beautiful Acacia Boutique Hotel steps from the beach in Condado/Ocean Park. Inside this gorgeous Spanish villa lies Niche. The fab decor and amazing service only complement the food and even though it's not inexpensive...trust me-a jaded New York foodie, when I tell you, it's worth it.
Being warmly welcomed by Donna sets the tone and Hector behind the bar is by far, one ofof the best bartenders EVER! He makes a great drink and knows the cool local places to suit every mood.
The coconut-pinapple martini is sublime and he makes a great old school dirty martini as well. The wine list is very complementary to the menu and don't visit without trying the house ceviche and beef carpaccio for appetizers and the lobster and lamb chops ROCK! I always love the local cuisine, but Niche is my favorite PR splurge.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a one night layover in San Juan and after reading reviews on Niche we decided it was a must. We lucked out as the place was slow (Monday night at 8:30). The bartender was incrediblely talented and very helpful with aiding us in our selections. I can honestly say the food was the best I've ever had. I had the South African lobster tail while my wife had the snapper. The vodka infused pineapple martinis were unbelievable as well. The usage of space in this place is incredible as well, it can likely only seat 25-30 but it feels much larger and the decor is very well thought out. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Paterson, New Jersey
“Pricey But Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love the service here--the staff is very personable and open to conversation. The food is delicious--try the filet mignon or the lobster if you really want a treat. And lastly the ambiance is superb--very intimate, cozy, and stylish. The bar is good, too, mixing whatever drink your heart desires with skill and finesse. They were very accommodating, and, as we were guests of the hotel, they let us take up drinks to the hot tub and deserts to our rooms. Do yourself a favor, set aside some money and come to Niche for a romp in style and elegance! Oh and come for dinner, as the brunch is only average, not as good.

• Visited October 2012