“Excellent, but NOT the best in San Juan.”
Review of Niche Bistro

Niche Bistro
Ranked #46 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy our International, Caribbean cuisine in an intimate atmosphere. Give yourself and your loved ones, one the best culinary experiences in Puerto Rico in our romantic and unique atmosphere.
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Excellent, but NOT the best in San Juan.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had a very nice meal here last week while staying at the Acacia. Food was very good, service was excellent, drink menu was wonderful, dessert was amazing...but it just didn't seem like a $100pp place. We had ceviche, beef tenderloin, whole snapper, and flourless chocolate cake...all were excellent, although the beef was extremely salty. The house mojito was AMAZING!!! If you're staying in the area and don't care about the cost, go for it. If you want to have one great meal in San Juan though, skip this place and make a reservation for Marmalade. The price is the same and Marmalade is leagues better in every way...

Visited August 2012

Miami, Florida, United States
“Flirty & trendy dining experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Niche is a small upscale 5-7 table restaurant with an exclusive, lounge vibe to it. From the zen garden at the entrance and the upbeat music, to the dim lighting and fun seating, the entire experience was flirty and trendy. I definitely recommend Niche if you want to impress, for a special date, or celebration! The service was just amazing! We were sat right away, the server was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the menu, so much so that I literally wanted to order everything he recommended. For my drink I ordered a mojito, the best I have ever had! I was with a table of 7 so we ordered a bunch of apps and entries...For apps we shared the duck confit tacos, beef carpaccio, roasted mediterranean mussels, and the house cervich. For entries we passed around the butter poached South African lobster, pan seared diver scallops, pure kobe NY strip, and the whole American red snapper. Niche was hands down one of the most amazing dining experiences I have ever had.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CEL7979
Los Angeles, California
“Best date restaurant in San Juan”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Everything about this place was excellent. First of all, it's really small (only like 5 tables) so the ambience is intimate and the service that you get is top notch. Then there's the food which was cooked to perfection and showcased super fresh organic ingredients flown in that day. We had the oysters, Kobe beef, and Ivory Salmon. All highly recommended. The wine selection was surprisingly deep and the cocktails were well-mixed. It's not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for. All in all, probably my favorite date restaurant in San Juan. It served as the launch pad for a truly unforgettable evening.

• Visited July 2012
Florida
“Find Your "Niche"”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We found our Niche in San Juan on a magical Thursday evening on the “Isla Del Encanto” (Island of Enchantment.) For those of us whose “niche” seems to be found in only the best epicurean experiences, The Niche Restaurant is our Mother Ship. Located in the Hotel Acacia, a truly unique and extremely funky boutique hotel in San Juan’s Condado sector, the Niche has an ambiance that straddles Romantic/Exotic and a Staff that makes each patron feel a warm acceptance that says you are here to be wined, dined and pampered…to the max! First, the bar has extensive offerings seldom seen in the Caribbean (and I’ve been visiting/residing in the islands for 25 years) and some of the more unique concoctions any in our party had ever tasted. Coffee Tequila? Are you kidding me? Simply amazing. I have never seen a bartender spend as much time creating the perfect Mojito – and I am no Mojito fan – but it was a thing of beauty and even tastier to the palate. Dinner began with a variety of appetizers at the table, all exquisite, but the Duck Tacos are simply NOT TO BE MISSED. They were worth the plane fare alone, according to my husband. The table also shared Red Snapper stuffed with ratatouille that was nothing like the anemic, Nemo-looking snapper I’ve grown accustomed to in the States. If this was any relation to Nemo, he was the cousin on steroids – just Huge, encrusted and delicious. Tip: tastiest meat is in the cheeks, according to our Knowledgeable and effervescent Host, Chad, who offered advice throughout the evening and was spot on every time. From the homemade bread to the Sushi and Snapper, I was nearly full when the entrée arrived! The Kobe Steak was literally the best I have ever had. I mean, is beef even capable of melting in your mouth? The pork was similarly tender and tasty and the Scallops w/eggplant elegant and delicious. Even though we had no business ordering dessert, we found ourselves not only savoring this Chocolate Masterpiece, but coupling it with a dessert Wine Chad recommended. And you know what? Couldn’t have imagined one without the other after trying it. Thanks again, Chad and Niche, for an amazing Dining Experience in San Juan. Not only will we be back, we’ll be back en familia!

• Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“again”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Twice in 2 weeks. That should tell you something. There would be 5 stars except for the fact there were no duck tacos on our second visit, and they are memorable! We live between Boston and San Juan and just love this restaurant. It is not very well known to our Puerto Rican friends, and we brought our San Juan neighbors with us last weekend. They had never been, nor had they heard of Niche. Now they are fans. Every item on the menu has been great; from the duck tacos (again, not available the 2nd night) to the ceviche, to the entrees. Their house specialty drinks are favorites of our family. The pineapple/coconut martini is my wife's favorite. You have to remember though, this is "dining", not eating. Expect the experience to last a minimum of 2 hours. So what! The ambience is great. Put this on your list.

• Visited July 2012