“Good Experience, A Little Pricey”

Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at the Villa for the first time. I would stay there again as it had a good balance of quietness and proximity to the amenities. Be prepared to pay for this, though. I decided to get a suite, which is essentially two connecting rooms so my teenage son would have his own space. That was a good idea as he likes his quiet moments. The view of the Condado was awesome and we were treated to a little bit of a show with a couple of manatees swimming in the bay. We only had lunch at one of the restaurants and it was upon arrival as it was a really stormy day. Other meals were only the breakfast buffet which was really good. I would recommend this hotel as it has a lot of old time resort charm and it's very close to Old San Juan.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ramon V

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I was in San Juan for a week at a different hotel while on business. As a "nice treat" my fiancée and I changed hotels for the weekend in hopes to spend some quality leisure time together; we chose the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe. I have to say that I was very disappointed and upset about our time spent here.
The night prior to check-in (I realize it was a bit late) I called the hotel to let them know that my fiancée was going to check-in, I would be working, so I wanted to change my reservation to include his name. They helped me notate this on my account and then even talked me into upgrading rooms and adding breakfast. Everything went fine and I assumed there would be no issues. When my fiancée went to check in, his name was not on the reservation and none of the upgrades were either. I then had to stop what I was doing with my client to send Hilton the confirmation email I received because they could not find any notation about anything on my account.
A little bump in the road, but nothing that terrible. I was willing to still not let this sway my positive attitude towards the hotel, mix-ups happen. When I arrived I went to the front desk and got an extra key for the room; Edward helped me- he was wonderful, friendly, helpful, overall just very nice; THANK YOU!

When it came to breakfast, that was a joke. We paid a little extra to have breakfast included. What they don't tell you is that the breakfast you get is, anything cold (pastries, cereal, fruit). for an additional fee on top of the extra $ you pay to get breakfast included, you can have the hot breakfast foods. The Lemongrass Restaurant, unfortunately is not that great. the service was good but the overall food was not. I would recommend the shrimp appetizer and that's about it. The best meal we had was at Morton's, which was very expensive.
They say you get free WiFi, only for 24 hours. After that you pay for it.

It was rainy majority of our weekend there so we wanted to ask the "Trips/Excursions" person for things they could recommend. The young girl with the glasses that works there is terrible. I know that sounds overly harsh but that was the nail in the coffin for me to write this review. She was ignorant and rude. All we asked was if she could recommend any activities that were not rained out and in return she rolled her eyes; that was only for a second as she barely looked up from texting on her cell phone. Her attitude sucked and she acted as if we were bothering her; it's your job...all we wanted was just maybe a pamphlet or two, apparently that was just too much to ask for. She was by far the worst person we came in contact with; she took the cake.
Overall, not a very good experience. The service really wasn't that good, more like non-existent. I am sure that others would disagree with my review but I only speak from my bad experience, and it indeed was a bad experience.

4  Thank Moira J
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Booze is expensive, Food is expensive. Staff is great and very helpful. Beach is clean, pools were very busy. Karaoke Sunday night was lots of fun to watch!!! Dj Thursday night wasnt bad either, wish they had a better space to do these events. The bird/lizard area was cool/weird. They need to do a better job cleaning that space. Overall we had a great time for an under 30 couple. *one bad part. Won't go in to great detail but a waiter at the pool bar lost my credit card for about 25min. I had to go to the bar and find it myself. One of the Managers took care of us later on that week! Whats better than a good story to come home with.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 627beaum
Reviewed July 31, 2014

When booking a "Villa" - make sure you know what you are getting. My husband and I were extremely disappointed in our room (villa) It was far from a villa. Other than the room my husband and I enjoyed our stay as we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. The food, drinks, pool and beach were all fantastic. n

2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nothing major good or bad about this hotel, but access to the Hilton next door's amenities was a major plus. We had some minor but continual issues with our room lock, our A/C seemed to be out of control (frigid room, even when temp was set in the 70s), and the maids couldn't make up their minds about how to make the bed. Aside from that, good experiences, good views, good location, and HHonors made it a win.

1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great beach and swimming area.Pool was great.Over tipped server and never had problem with service around pool.Stayed 8 days.Taxi into old downtown and over to other hotels.It was relaxing The lobby was nice rooms could use a little touching up.Skip the brunch and just eat at coffee shop for a quick light meal. My review should not make you not go.We enjoyed it but I think we would rather go back to St Thomas.Have fun

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Menotknow
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the place to stay if you choose the caribe hilton. Large spacious rooms and I like new when it comes to hotels.
The downside side to this property is no casino, and you need to rent a car keep that in mind.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends