“Villa pictures and descriptions are deceiving”

Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The villas wouldn't have been so disappointing if there had been a more accurate description online. If one knows what to expect, it's not bad. The rooms are smaller than a typical Springhill Suite or Hyatt Place room. In no way would I characterize these as "villas". More so I would call it a "studio". If I had been expecting a studio, I would not have been so let down. Also, the "Ocean View" means water from the ocean that is going through the 'canal' that is outside my balcony, which has a prime view of a bridge with traffic going across. One can only see the "ocean" as you and I would envision it, if one goes out on the balcony, leans over the bannister, and cranes one's head to the left. I should add that I'm a Hilton Diamond member, the highest tier of their frequent guest program....so I can't imagine what other folks were given. Finally the room was not at all worth what I paid for it. Generally the appearance of this property feels rundown and dated. Fortunately, when I complained and basically said I was leaving (I really couldn't stomach my rare vacation time being spent in such a disappointing situation) they moved me to the main hotel. The view was much better and though the room didn't have a kitchen, it did have a fridge, which is all I needed. So the rest of the vacation was good. Food in the restaurants was great and service was very accommodating. I definitely recommend the Caribe Hilton, just not the "Condado Lagoon Villas @ Caribe Hilton".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ConstantRoadster
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank for your feedback, we are sorry we could not meet your expectations.

There are newer reviews for Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This property should be re-flagged as a "Hilton Garden Inn" or a "Hampton Inn". I originally booked a so-called "Villa" for $400 per night. What we received was 2 rooms with a connecting door. To get to this property you have to drive down a back alley since it does not share the same front desk as the other Hilton properties that are connected. Upon arrival there was no bellman to assist with luggage which was the bare minimum I'd expect out of a Hilton property, after dragging our luggage into the lobby after 10 hours of traveling did a bellman appear to finally assist. Check-in time was a 4p, a room was not ready until 5p. Upon inspecting the room we found the floors were still soaking wet which easily became muddy from us trying to bring our luggage in with our shoes. You could smell the moisture in the hallways and the rooms possibly mold. They tried to offer us alternatives but apparently the room we booked was one of the nicer suites so anything else they offered did not compare. They were kind enough to let me cancel and check-out, we immediately went down the street to the Marriott La Concha where we paid less money, received more service and ended our San Juan vacay on a good note.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sonnyjdowney

Thank for your feedback, we are sorry we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very good hotel if you are on vacation. If you are traveling on business you should look for another place to stay. PR rains a lot and if you park your car at the self parking, keep in mind that you might have to walk in the rain. Poor variety of food at the breakfast, if you don't upgrade the continental breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry the weather was not favorable and you could not enjoy your stay. Hope next time you are in Puerto Rico, you give us another opportunity.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Plumbing problems, high humidity causing the beds to e damp. Rooms are tiny, though pics make them appear larger. Exterior is in poor condition and walking distance within building area is extensive. Over priced for the stay. Food is OK but very over priced. Cold breakfast buffet (continental) is $15, hot $24. Drinks over priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NancyZ912

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you were so disappointed, we work hard to make every guest's experience memorable.
We hoper to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My stay at the Caribe Hilton was wonderful! My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The pool options were many, you could be on the beach, or around others or just by yourself near the Villas at that pool. Staff were very accomodating and exceptional service was rendered by Efrain, Lemual and Jesus. Thanks for a great time!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your great comments! We look forward to welcome you back soon! I will share your comments with the team!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great place with beach and pool area but restaurants are pricey. Close to public transportation and Old San Juan. The staff is helpful and friendly. Some of the rooms need updating but the staff was friendly and accommodating. It's a good base for families, friends, and couples.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank autumn73112

Thank you for your great comments! We look forward to welcome you b back soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Efrain at the Bar area was exceptional. He went above and beyond for his guests. Cannot speak highly enough. Front desk staff (Jesus) did not follow up on promises. Room had mechanical issues kept us up most of night, moved to room over construction site, shower broken, A/C turned off one night--75 degrees in room the next morning, meeting rooms smelled of mold, ceiling leaked in ballroom. Hotel construction loud, closed too many areas at once, film crew limited access. Does not meet the quality standards experienced at other Hilton Hotels

1  Thank Margie L L

Thank you for your feedback and i will share your feedback with our staff. I remember we met before your departure and were able to correct the issues you brought to my attention. Nevertheless, we look forward to getting another opportunity to serve you in the near future.