Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
$255
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $343/night.

$161
$214
$208
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main hotelcaribe hiltonold san juanprivate beachcondado lagoonpuerto ricomain lobbyhotel groundspina coladathe room was nicemini fridgeswim up barfitness centerocean frontdolorespoolsbalcony
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here before leaving on a 7 day cruise. The hotel is very fast at check in if you use there lobby instead of the Caribe's lobby, but on-site benefits are better through the Caribe. We were the only people at check-in. We had 7 rooms in the Villa's so we had a very good over view of what the rooms were like. Villa's 2 is the area you want to be in, the rooms were large and newly refurnished and not facing the resort. Making it a tad bit quieter in the afternoons and evenings. We received an upgraded room due to our status with Hilton and a monster suite. 2 full bathrooms, full kitchen not an efficiency, nice living area, 2 balconies. I couldn't of asked for a nicer room. This hotel is our go to in San Juan and by far a hidden gem on the Caribe property. Even the cheapest room that we received had a fridge, sitting area, nice bathroom, but was a little dated being in Villa 1

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our property. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in late October. The location was great, the view was excellent, the staff was super friendly, and the room was nice. We had a loud neighbor 1 night, and the staff was quick to act on our behalf. The parking situation is a little confusing when trying to get the parking ticket vouched (but you still have to pay, so it's just a discounted rate). But overall, it is a nice place to stay. There were a few small bugs in our room, but probably just because we left food out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our property. I am happy to read your stay was a pleasant one. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Condado Lagoon Villas during Labor Day weekend (building 7). We were a bit concerned about the hotel, given some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure where some of the reviewers stayed, but our room was nice. Our friends who stayed at the hotel also were upgraded to a one bedroom suite (because their mattress was wet--housekeeping put a semi-dry mattress cover on the bed and the entire bed was wet). Their suite was very nice. I am very picky about hotels, and I am a light sleeper. I experienced no problems with the cleanliness or the noise level. I actually thought I was in the wrong hotel based on the disconnect between some of the reviews and the actual property.

My only complaint about the room is that there is not a real refrigerator in the room--it's more of a wine cooler (and not a good one at that). I requested a refrigerator several times, and each time they bought me another wine cooler. That was very frustrating. Finally, the manager of housekeeping told us there were no more refrigerators available at that time. Bummer! Also, there were several communication issues (some of the housekeeping staff speak better English than others, and the ones that we encountered did not speak much English at all). Other than that, I have no complaints about the Villas. However, I must warn you that not all of the rooms are true villas. The room that we stayed in was your typical hotel room, but we had great ocean/bay views. Also keep in mind that ocean view does not necessarily mean ocean view (it may mean a slither of bay view, lagoon view, ocean view, or some combination thereof).

That being said, the front desk staff was awesome!!! They were very helpful with answering questions about local places to eat, places to visit, etc. They always had a smile, and seemed to remember everyone's surname (they always addressed us by name when we passed by the front desk).

If you like to exercise, the fitness center is a long distance away from the Villas (I just used that as additional exercise time).

The front desk to the main hotel/ dining is also a long distance away, but we like to walk so it was not a big deal. We booked tours through the main hotel travel desk, and we were content with the service that we received.

If I returned to Puerto Rico, I would definitely stay here again. It's not the Four Seasons, but it is a solid 3 1/2 star hotel with 4 star ammenities and very accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Request a room that has a view of the Fort, Bldg 7, rooms with 1-10 in the number (Ex 7310). Gorgeous views at sunset!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our property. I am happy to read your stay was a pleasant one. I am grateful for your great compliments to our staff. I know they work hard to deliver the best service and be the number one team. We hope to think of us then for your next visit to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I love the location - the pool and the beach are amazing. But the rest of the hotel is pretty trashy - it looks like Hilton has not spent a dime on upkeep in many decades. I walked across soaking wet carpet in hallways, there were stains all over carpets in hallways, wallpaper peeling off walls, etc. It is pretty ghetto. The security staff are nice, but the front desk staff are cold and unwelcoming. The bar and restaurants are VERY slow...it might take 30 minutes just to have a waiter come to your table - I think they are constantly understaffed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ezra P

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our property. I am sorry to read we were not able to meet your expectation. Our goal is to deliver a superb service and have every guest wanting to return soon. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you n the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

A very nice hotel. Our room was quite a long way from the lobby, and someone with mobility problems might have problems. The main criticism is that the hotel is rather isolated. Getting to Old San Juan involves a cab ride of $13 or dealing with a good but hard to decipher bus system.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our property. Your opinion is important to us and I will share with all managers involved. Our goal is to deliver a superb service and have every guest wanting to return soon. I hope you to welcome you in the near future.