“Great place to stay.”

Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Condado is a great place to family oriented and great for adult night life. I would definitely visit again. Centralized in a great location traveling to some great tourist destinations is easy from this location. Places such as the Morrow, the Governors mansion, the only North American rain forest, and much more.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Daverocket29
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
“Even better than it was 50 years ago”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 NEW As a freshman in college remembered my stay there with great memories. Was happy to make some more lovely ones. The room on the 10th floor overlooking the beach & sunset was great. Check in & out and the concierge's help on sight seeing were all excellent. Pools , garden & private beach were very nice and I was able to do a little snorkling & see some small colorful fish. Walking to the San Cristobal fort along the waterfront in the morning was pleasant & easy to find a taxi or a bus on the way back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2013

At least I used point for the three nights there this week. I would of given one star if I was paying for the stay.

The fact of the matter I travel for a living. Been to many Hilton brand hotels, mostly Hampton Inns. So I expect a room better suited for a business traveler. Fast internet, a WORK desk with an ADJUSTABLE seat, lights that turn on when you flip them, that will be nice. The place is only 7 years old, but it looks and feels like it is pushing 70. The rugs need replacement, not cleaning in the room. Had to call the front desk to work on the outlet next to the "work desk". Hugo, a fine gentleman, came and had to replace the outlet. The nest of wires behind that outlet was no way to code. Anyway, after working on it for 45 minutes, we had power.

That evening after watching TV my wife turned off it off and it blew the circuit breaker. Yes, by turning it off, not turning it on, the room's circuit blew. Figure that one out. Well, it's close to midnight, and now management had to wake up the persons in the room next to us to flip our room's circuit. What engineer decided that each rooms did not need to have its circuit box within the room?

Overall the worker, again in this hotel, were friendly, hard working and helpful. There was Jody, who helped with luggages on Saturday, Hugo the electrican, and the young American girl, that served us breakfast Sunday and Monday mornings. Oh, Jesus and Doris in the front desk.

Room Tip: Make sure the views are away from the hotel and toward any body of water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DEMojica
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is important to us in order to better understand your needs and where we can improve. We will share your comments with our Department Heads to address any issues. I am also share with the team members mentioned on your review your great comments.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As you read this review take in account I previously wrote a glowing review of my feb 2013
Stay at the villas. Here's the kicker..... After we checked out and settled up
Our final bill . We bragged to everyone the lovely trip we had.
Unbeknownst to me our credit card was being over charged $445 for a bogus upgrade room charge we NeVER got or asked for. After 15 attempts to rectify matter with victor pratt or anyone in accounting Or front desk we had to dispute charge with corporate headquarters in Texas . The Hilton should be embarrassed with the property in Puerto Rico .
Anyone at anytime can email me and id be glad to discuss
My lack of love for this property. Beware when leaving your credit card at front desk.
Go over your final bill I found $300 in charges for meals we never had.
Can it be I'm the only one? Doubtfully . Beware ...of this place

Room Tip: Beware of them taking your credit card at check in
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cafegirllongisland
Thank you for your feedback, I will verify with the accounting team about your charge. If you wish you can contact me and I will gladly to assist you.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently returned from a wonderful stay at the Lagoon Caribe Hilton as this is a very nice property. I'll also state that I have stayed there (Lagoon) in the past but was not overly impressed as the rooms / views did not meet my expectation. Per my stay a year ago, I relocated to the main facility as i was not a happy camper. This trip was totally different. I called ahead and expressed that I desired a room per my reservation (King w/terrace/Oceanview). The gentleman who helped me (Omar) was super. He assured me that my room would meet my criterion and he did not disappoint! My room (7405) overlooked a small cannon outpost with the ocean in the backdrop. The room also had a small kitchenette (full fridge, dishwasher, stove, and table) along with my king bed and terrace! The room is in an extremely private location but within a 3 min walk to the main facility.
In addition, this room is directly adjacent to the garden area with access to a small private pool and jacuzzi. It's great for couples desiring romance but is great for singles as well as it's really close to the main facility but offers a ton of privacy as there are no angular rooms that can see you. There is also a fine restaurant (Lemongrass) in the garden area which was a 2 min walk from the room.
In speaking with the staff, anything from 1-10 (i.e. 7401-7410) are the choice selections in the lagoon area. Each room is different so call ahead and tell them your desires and (per my experience) then will exceed them. I will add that those at the main reception desk (Mildred is a gem) always provides great assistance.
I will add my room was very nice. It had a few minor imperfections but given the view, privacy, and location to the main facility, I was fine. The maid service was simply outstanding as they work very hard to keep the patrons happy.
The only drawback to the hotel area is that there is no grocery store but a quick cab ride to the sister property (Doubletree) will fix this as they have a grocery store directly across the street which offers everything you will need to include alcohol. By the way, the taxi's will wait for you while you shop with no extra fees.
Also, during my stay, I did not see a lot of families but tons of folks down for conferences and long weekenders. The hotel main bar area offers light entertainment but there are tons of other places to hang out and explore in San Juan. For those looking for a party, the El San Juan Hotel is the place to be…lots of fun! Cigar Aficionados should definitely hit the Cigar House in Old San Juan as it is newly renovated and is definitely maturing as a nice place to enjoy a smoke and drink. Call ahead as they always have cigar events during the year.
Upon leaving, I truly wished that I had three more days..but then again, given the outstanding service that I received just gives me an excuse to come back in a month or so!
Again, many thanks to Omar and the rest of the Hilton Staff as they truly exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Call ahead! Anything from 1-10 (i.e. 7401-7410) are the choice selections in the lagoon area as it i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank THOMAS J
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our property. We work hard to exceed guest’s expectation and is gratifying when one reads reviews like yours.

We thank you again for staying with us and would be thankful to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked a 7 day cruise out of San Juan so we reserved 1 night before the cruise and 2 nights after the cruise all at the Condado Villas at Caribe Hilton. We did not arrive until 5 am and just wanted to sleep for 5 or 6 hours until we boarded the ship. The manager insisted we pay a $20 resort fee even though we only wanted a few hours sleep. Then we found our room had only 1 bed despite the hotel emailing a confirmation that I would have 2 beds for our 4 people. There were supposedly no other rooms available so my kids slept on the floor. We could not use the pillows in the room as there were short curly black hairs on them from someone before us. We could not wait to get on the ship and away from the Hilton.
After the cruise we unfortunately had all ready reserved and paid for 2 more nights at this disaster of a hotel. Unless you have recently won the lottery you will most ;ikely not want to eat at this hotel as a hamburger is $15 and a frozen drink is $12-$15. The pool and beach are really nice but that is the only good thing I can say about the hotel. Even though we were charged $20 every day for a "Resort fee", the Kayak rental was $30 a half hour, snorkel gear $15 an hour, tubes $15 an hour, The beach attendant would only set up an umbrella for us if we tipped him. The resort fee is nothing more than a pure profit nonsense fee to buy a new car for Paris Hilton and family.
I would encourage anyone going to San Juan for a cruise or any other reason to stay some where other than the Hilton. If anyone needs details or has questions please feel free to contact me at michaelbaar66@gmail.com.

Michael Baar

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in your stay.
We work hard to ensure our guests are safe and comfortable stay. Unfortunately charge to which you refer to, Resort Fee is a charge which is part of the regular room charge as all resorts in the island charges. Your reservation was made thru a third party on line, and resort fee is not paid by them On your second reservation, I verified and you had a lovely room with 2 queen beds overlooking the ocean and Condado Bay. I apologize once again that we could not meet your expectations and do hope you gives the opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Mphs, Tenn
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our overall stay was okay. The property was pretty nice. Our room was decent, but one day the maid forgot to clean the tub maybe because they were in a hurry i don't know. I called housekeeping and asked could someone come back and properly clean the tub. I didn't understand why the hotel does not have shuttle service to and from the airport service since the distance of a drive was only fifteen minutes. They should also have a shuttle service to go to Old San Juan since alot of people were heading there. Instead of having to pay the $15.00 cab fees going to and coming back from San Juan which is where we spent a majority of our time. The cab rides add up really fast. There was no nightlife at all just some karoke. The staff was pretty friendly and told us to go party in Old San Juan where everything was. The hotel was more on the expensive side to eat and drink so we did alot of walking into town to eat. But to each is own some people might not mind. Last but not least we always sleep with our balcony door open to hear the ocean, but apparenly where our room was there was a dog nearby because I promised he barked in the wee hours of the night for four of our five nights there. I constantly called the front desk and told them, but I don't know if they truly believed me or not. Overall it was an okay stay for me. Hopefully I can make it to Hawaii next year. Fingers crossed.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of cab money.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelholic-Cheryl
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

The reason why we no metro area hotel can provide shuttle services to airport and/or Old San Juan is because it not permitted by local laws. I would also like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with your room cleanliness while in our property. We take your feedback very serious and will share them with our Housekeeping team.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I really was not sure what to expect whence booked here. Typically, we stay at all inclusives, so this was a change for us, and I believe it is not fair to compare this property with other Caribbean island all inclusive resorts. That being said, the standard room with kitchenette (counter/sink, microwave and fridge) was very acceptable. We had requested a rollaway bed, but found out they are not permitted in the 2 queen bed rooms due to fire code. They were very accommodating though and gave us a twin air mattress for our stay. The bathroom was decent sized, shower water pressure was good, and the shower head was high enough for tall people! Beds were extremely comfortable, and I never heard anything from any of the surrounding rooms, or hallway when we were trying to sleep. There was some construction going on in the building across the way that caused some noise issues fairly early in the morning, but it was tolerable.
Beach and pool were great, never had trouble finding a chair. The staff is very helpful and accommodating, both on the beach, and within the hotel. Drinks are pretty expensive at all of the bars.
We ate off property most of the time, due to better prices, and desire to eat at some local restaurants. Check out El Hamburger....very casual. Very good. Great prices. Walking distance from hotel.
The resort fee confused me a bit.... I was aware that it would be added on to our stay, but am still a little unclear as to what it paid for....beach towel? Beach chair? Would have been nice if some water sports would be included in the room/resort fee price.
Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, or recommend it based on the beach alone. There are a number of hotels in the area, and I would say from what I saw, that the Villas at Caribe Hilton had the best beach by far.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton while visiting beautiful Puerto Rico. We are delighted to read your positive comments about your stay in our property.

We strive to deliver excellent service and make your stay a memorable one. Your comments are appreciated and we hope to see you back in the near future.