“Good service and good food”
Review of Lima

Lima
Ranked #181 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were staying at a hotel nearby, so we just strolled down the street to find a place for dinner and stopped at this restaurant. The décor is quite elegant and there are even outdoor dining, has nice ambiance. We looked at the menu and were quite surprised at the expensive prices. So we only ordered a drink for each of us, an appetizer, and an entrée. The waiter was nice and helpful. Recommended the Pisco sour as my drink, which was quite potent. The food came out to be very good too.

There are newer reviews for Lima

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We had the combo tiradito. Very Good. Excellent sauces. We also ordered the lima salad also very nice. My only complaint it is that they charged me 3$ for lemonade without sugar. It was mostly ice. I ordered 2 refills of small glasses which ended up costing me $9.00. I appreciated they make it sugar free. Service was good.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Lima is a great little find. It was recommended to me by another restaurant owner in the area. The owners Luis and Omar are adorable and personable.

I was traveling solo and always feel a little uncomfortable eating alone in "nice" restaurants. Luis made me feel right at home. He went over the menu and was nice enough to give me half portions. I had the crispy fish and a lima salad. Both delicious. I don't even like fish but I ate almost all of it!

He also makes a mean margarita!

It started pouring as I was getting ready to leave and they insisted I stay even though my hotel was about one block away. Luis even offered to walk me back there.

So to sum it up ...great service, great food and great hospitality. Check it out if you have the chance.

It's a lot better than most of the restaurants in the Condado area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place enjoys a great location, a wonderful street corner in old Miramar, a neighborhood in San Juan that's enjoying a renaissance. The place is decorated to make the best use of the picture windows it's surrounded by, with heavy wooden tables, and a fun bar at the end, it's a very "New York" feel. It's always very crowded, thanks to it being in front of the local cinemas.
But having spent all their money on chic, the owners should try to focus more on the basics: Food and Service. Both are mediocre.
Twice I had to send back Ceviches, because they tasted "watered down". My theory is that they prepare and freeze them, and when thawed they lose all the inherent flavors. My wife enjoys their "lomo saltado", but overall there are better places (Ceviche House) for Peruvian flavor in town. By the way, I was born in Peru, so I know real Peruvian food. Lima has "ok" food, but get really low marks on their ceviche.
And the service is what you would expect from a "hip" restaurant. Hipster wait staff trying hard to appear nonchalant. It's not bad service, it's just not good.
I enjoyed Lima for a while due to its location and promise, but haven't returned due to its mediocre food and service.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lima, locate in Miramar is the best the area has to offer. Ceviche is very well done and appetizers are good too. Have tried other dishes from the menu but must go with the ceviche.
Ambiance is ok. Better get there early can get busy.