“Stay away... the absolute WORST!”
Review of Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant - CLOSED

Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Great food, and best fajitas in town in a great ambiance and friendly service.
tex
“Stay away... the absolute WORST!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was the first restaurant sign we saw when driving into our hotel from the airport and decided to give it a try. Bad Idea.
They ask if you would like cheese, extra tortillas, side of beans, etc. with every order. The don't mention the ridiculous prices of the extras. A side of cold beans (from a can) $5, 1 extra cold corn tortilla $4, cheese on the side $5, jalapeno $1.50. They brought hard shell corn tortillas for one of our orders. When they were sent back, they then brought out cold corn tortillas. They completely forgot about one order of fajitas until everyone at the table was almost done. They tell you about the $3.50 margaritas and then charge $9.00 for a frozen flavoured one without mentioning price.

The back of the menu states to mention split checks before ordering; so, we made sure to do that. When they brought everything in one check, the waitress stated that we didn't specify who was with who and with an attitude stated, " I guess I can try and go back and get it as close as possible."

The food sucks, the service sucks, the prices suck, don't even bother.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Langley, Canada
“Friendly Service, Ok food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We got into San Juan late in the day and we wanted something close by, but not too loud as we were winding down. Half a block from the Mariott Hotel/Casino, we found this TexMex restaurant beside the burger joint on the side street. Jared was our waiter and he's the friendliest guy out of Arkansas. He can sure chat it up with all of his customers and offers good advice on local things to do, as well as how to work out a bill when there are multiple parties. Here's a guy who actually enjoys serving people and goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your dinner experience. We tried twice to order a margarita, but it just didn't taste right; he just took it off the bill for us. Food-wise, there is plenty of salsa and chips to start the meal, so don't eat too much or you won't finish whatever you ordered. I was recommended a Puerto Rican meal to try out (I'm always willing to try it once), and it was not too bad, but nothing I'd rave about either. I heard there was a killer dessert made in house, but we were too full at that point to try it. Would I go again? $32 is a lot of money for simple tex mex, but I'd come back to try the dessert!

Visited August 2013
Alamosa, Colorado
“Great Place, Great Service”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hostess could not have been more helpful--we learned about Mofongo, Medalli\a, y Magana. The salsa was intriguing and the Mofongo con Camerones y Pesca was simply delightful. A great place in Condado.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Wish I hadn't come”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love Tex mex so followed the signs to eat at this place. The service was fine, but there was only 3 people in there. I ordered tostadas. It came out looking like a salad. Underneath everything I found the tostada with hot pastey beans on it, so of course it was soggy. There was no dressing and the meat looked like it had already been chewed. It tasted bad too.
In the end they even over charged. The meals was $8, the bill was $9 + $3 for meat. I was asked did I want chicken of beef with it in which I replied beef (mistake) and they charged $3 for it.
i don't recommend this over priced, gross food.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Awful”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We met some friends here on a Friday night for dinner and drinks. Horrible. Bad food, bad drinks, bad live music. The service was fine, but everything else was awful. We do not recommend this place.

Visited April 2013