“Great margarita!”
Review of Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant - CLOSED

Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great food, and best fajitas in town in a great ambiance and friendly service.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We came to this place for lunch. We ordered the chicken fajitas and the chicken tostada. The chips and salsa they brought out was good, because unlike most restaurants, their salsa was spicy! Food was steaming hot and tasted good, especially with their regular frozen margarita. I do recommend NOT getting the mango margarita as it tasted like canned mango juice.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our first day in San Juan, we went out for an early dinner. Mona's was close to our hotel and we felt like having some Tex-Mex. There was virtually nobody else there. The waiter was friendly and nice, but I don't think that he knew what he was doing. We got the chicken fajitas for two. Our biggest complaint was the difficulty we had just trying to get the toppings that we wanted. I wanted ONLY diced tomatoes and cheese. My husband wanted guacamole, but no sour cream. The (four) flour tortillas were large and good and the chicken was enough for two and very tasty. The toppings did not come out all at once. The sum total of toppings we received was guacamole--more than my husband needed for his two fajitas, diced tomatoes (enough for my two fajitas), and a small disposable plastic cup of shredded cheese, for which they charged us an extra $3.00 (probably more than $24 per pound for shredded cheese)!!! Although we got enough to eat, we overall had an extremely unpleasant dining experience. We did not go back. We will return to Puerto Rico, but we will NOT go back to Mona's.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've seen other reviews on bad service, etc., but on my trip the servers were very attentive. all the wait staff was helping with drinks/chips, and my order came out quick. the mufongo was delicious

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Me and some friends traveled to PR for Spring Break, and our bed a breakfast was located across from this small bar & grill. We loved the food, and the drinks! Great prices! We came here almost every night. Its sort of off the beaten path but I'm very glad we found it. The employees are what made our experience. Excellent service. This will be the first place I go when I return to San Juan in June.

1  Thank austinsviews
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Mona's was cute and the service was fantastic, but unfortunately, the food was not. It lacked flavor and was lukewarm when brought out. Won't be going here again.