“Service rules”
Review of Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant - CLOSED

Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great food, and best fajitas in town in a great ambiance and friendly service.
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was phenomenal. Very attentive and offered great meal suggestions for my boyfriend and I. We stopped in for margaritas and appetizers and loved the experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been to so many Tex-Mex restaurants and usually the food is about the same. Jared was very personable and recommended entrees for us which were right on target. The margaritas were $4 and were good. I had the enchiladas plus a side salad and rice were good for $14. My daughter had the chicken with balsamic vinegar and she raved about it. I would definitely go back if not for the exceptional service and the good food.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here per a workers request an it was pretty good. Not the best Mexican I have ever had but not bad.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Yes, it was Christmas Eve, and pretty much everything was closed. Apparently they were short-staffed. Stil they kept seating people that they could not possibly serve in any way.

My husband and I ordered a grilled fish dish. Both our meals came relatively quickly....but not the other three meals for the other three members of our party. In fact, my husband and I had both finished our entrees, and still no food for the other three people!! This fish was pretty bland, but the rice, although tepid, was actually tasty.

So there we sat and sat.........and finally one portion of mofungo came out--but it hadn't been cooked!! My daughter's fish tacos never showed up at all. Although one server had promised us a free dessert, the last thing we wanted to do was wait some more!! With undercooked food, we decided to pay for what we had eaten and go, as there was no chance to get anything better.

My one daughter wound up with a ham and cheese sandwich from Waldreeen's, and my other daughter chose a bag of trail mix at Walgreen's.

We would not recommend Mona's.

1  Thank GreenUnicorn
Reviewed January 12, 2013

over priced, undercooked chiken wings, nachos with no chiken, after I paid $3.50 xtra , I could not find any chiken .... terrible food