“Ate here 3 times, but...”
Review of Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant - CLOSED

Mona's Tex-Mex Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great food, and best fajitas in town in a great ambiance and friendly service.
Jacksonville, FL
“Ate here 3 times, but...”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I arrived in SJ 17Dec & am staying til 2Jan2013. Walking down the street from the Ashford Imperial there was a gentleman standing on the corner representing Mona's with menus & margarita coupons. His name was Jared. His pleasant demeanor & great happy attitude convinced me to give them a try. On my first & 2nd visit I was very pleased. They have free wi-fi-ask for pw. Each visit I had a frozen strawberry-banana margarita. 1st visit I ate chimichanga, 2nd visit nachos, 3rd visit skirt steak entree. The servers were excellent on 1st & 2nd visit. The chips & salsa that you are given is far from mild, but it is delicious. I will miss it. But on my 3rd visit. I sat at my table for 12minutes without anything, no chips/salsa, water, menu & 2 servers who I had seen on previous occasions walked by me 3 times each without acknowledging me. Another waiter finally noticed & came by and asked if I had been helped yet. He apologized & said possibly his peers thought someone else was helping me. it was a long time to sit there with out any of them even inquiring. I was not in any hurry & was enjoying the street scene. But I will not visit them again while I am here. There is one server, the dude who apologized, who is very good looking & had on the nicest pair of dark blue jeans. The rear view motivated me to stay there a lot longer & enjoy my meal. He was a sight to see, very nice eye candy.

Visited December 2012

STX
“Average meal”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The barker on the street drew us to this place. We figured that off the main drag would be something better, but we were wrong.

The food was average flavor but portion sizes were small. We left hungry. Prices were higher to grab the tourist dollar.

• Visited October 2012
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“hey Erin”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had the best fajuita ever... Thanks Erin for the great service and the insight to the going on in the area. We love every bite.. luv u guys...

Visited November 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fajitas!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Always amazing service. Great local spot for tex-mex.

Try the combo fajitas for two!

¡Gracias por todo!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Open late, good Tex-Mex”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

After a long day of sightseeing I stopped in here on a Wednesday night around 9 pm and still got very good service on the patio. I enjoyed a margarita (a tad too sweet for my taste) and beef tacos al carbon (good). For me the highlight of the meal was the chips and salsa! Nice little patio with torches and my waiter was friendly and spoke perfect English.

Visited November 2012