“Outrageous mediocrity”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ate at Silk twice recently. The first time (Christmas Day) we were hungry and not much was open, so we were probably grateful to eat at all. The scond time we were dissapointed by the reheated orange chicken and erratic service. Go here if you think $18 is an apprpriate priece for run of the mill mu shoo pork...

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a General Tso's Chicken which was comparable in quality to any Chinese takeout but what did it for me was the Ayinger Celebrator beer for twelve dollars, just six below the main plate! Waste of time and money.

1  Thank kajofi
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Was raining and I did not to go far from the Doubletree hotel. Was very pleasantly surprised! My husband had Mongolian beef served on a sizzling platter which was outstanding and too much to finish! I had the rack of lamb silk style and house fried rice which was extremely well prepared and very satisfying. They had a puff pastry soup which we also enjoyed. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing with soft music and a pleasant decor. They also have outside service. Price was not bad, the had diners in $12 to $22 dollar range,higher for filet mingon . Sushi was also on the menu.

1  Thank sabrar
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Firstly I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. Initially I wasn't sold after walking by a few times but decided to try it. I recommend it.

Our waiter was brilliant. He was funny, well knowledgeable and spot on with service. If I eat here again we would want him.

By his recommendation I had the Mongolian Beef. It comes out on this sizzling platter and it was so soft, flavourful and a perfect balance with the white rice.

The fried ice cream was a perfect cap to a good meal. Try this for sure you will not regret it.

While I didn't have the sushi but the serving area/bar was so inviting I may do that next time.

1  Thank Chef_Cor
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Must try the silk corn soup it's out of this world. Great atmosphere & service. Food is Asian fusion with many options.