“Never thought a pizza could be so good”
Review of Das Pastellhaus - CLOSED

Das Pastellhaus
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went to this place because I was recommended to try their "à la crème" pizzas ... Wow! They're kind of out of this world! I tried the "festival" pizza. It had ham, bacon, bell peppers, onions, leeks, sauteed in a white sauce over a thin crust. A spectacular surprise. My wife ordered a "marinera" pizza, with salmon, shrimp and onions, which was also excellent.
This site turned out to be not only a good restaurant, but also a great German bakery (to my surprise, I'm German). For dessert we ordered a passion-fruit mousse and an apple pie. I must say that it wouldn't have been better if this was the best bakery in my hometown.
Also, we ordered to take-out some puff pastries stuffed with cream cheese and guava, which proved to be delicious, made according to the best German tradition with a tropical touch.
They have many other options on the menu: breakfast (all day long), salads, sandwiches, pastas. From what I saw on neighboring tables, everything is fresh, homemade, even the bread.
The ambience is very nice and welcoming, and the service is excellent, by young servants really commited to give you a pleasant stay.
We really enjoyed this place.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We returned after almost 1 year since out last time... and unsurprisingly the food is excellent !!!
The pastries are the best part of this place: the "cachito" with ham, cookies and cakes.

If you come, you gotta try the pizza with the home-made white sauce. My preference is the festival with prosciutto.

The service has never been their strong suit, but the food is simply worth the visit.

1  Thank laoreyes
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Service is questionable: we are still waiting for the butter for our toast!! Pastry is tasty but almost everything is over priced and just OK.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The staff was wonderful, very polite. Dinner was nice, we tried both types of pizzas. The desserts are displayed in the front of the restaurant (many to chose from) and after much deliberation we found 2 that hit the spot. Great value!

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I've lived in Europe as a child and travel frequently. My best friend is a German baker and I invited him for coffee here. First, you can see almost everything there is burnt. Burnt cookies,burnt pastries, burnt chocolate (this was the worst)... I asked and they said it was meant to be burnt like that. I still wanted to try. Bought $50 worth of carbon flavored sweets. Most things also tasted old. Presentation is awful. My friend said he knows the owners; Germans from Venezuela who seem not to care. What a pity.