“Superb food, ambiance and service”
Review of Under the Trees - CLOSED

Under the Trees
Cuisines: Latin, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice menu variety, friendly staff, very clean and top quality food. Price is veryreasonable for the outstanding dishes they serve. It is a hidden gem in San Juan with easy parking in their adjacent lot.

There are newer reviews for Under the Trees

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. The tree motif and twinkling lights on the high ceiling provided a comfortable setting. The food and service were great. I would recommend highly if you visit San Juan. I will eat here again upon my return trip to San Juan.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the first time I went to Under the Trees for dinner and my experience was very enjoyable. The staffs were very courteous and friendly. The food was great and very innovative. They use local food with an international appeal. I liked the food very much and I will return.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This restaurant was very pleasant, they had indoor and outdoor seating. We chose to sit inside for the a/c. Nice atmosphere, some of the items on the menu that we first ordered were not available but the waitress made some recommendations and it turned out wonderful. Service was good.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The chef who cooks the Puerto Rican dishes really knows how make them! We were visiting family and a friend recommended us this restaurant. We were impressed with the rice and beans and the "bacalao guisado". Nice place. Expect to pay more than the typical cafeteria since the place is located at a hotel, but it was good enough to pay for it. By the way: prepare to be literally 'under the trees'.

Cons: there were flies and mosquitos inside the dinning area - bad impression when we arrived.