“Good and growing”

Cuisines: Latin, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Under the trees is an upscale restaurant located across from the Doubletree by Hilton in San Juan,PR. Their menu reflects a mixture of American and Caribbean cuisine.the atomsphere is modern and calm, candlelight and bubbling waterfalls. The food was good bordering on great. I had a churrasco skirt steak which was so tender and flavorful! The great part will happen when the food will arrive hot not warm. Our waiter was so overwhelmed by the amount of customers he had to serve, food often arrived late. Not his fault, the management should have allotted more wait staff to to large groups. Give them a try, their greatness awaits!

1  Thank Steven R
There are newer reviews for Under the Trees

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This is my favorite place so far when it comes to go out, eat good food and have a nice time with friends. Seat inside..the atmosphere is so nice.. it can actually be a nice place for a romantic dinner..the only downside is tables are very close to each other. Food is SO GOOD!.. I've tried the hamburguers, the pastas and the salmon. My fav? Salmon and a make your own pasta..(pink sauce, penne, tomatoes, ans chicken). One of the most amazing thinga of this place is that prices are quite reasonable for such a nice place and good foos. (Pastas are like 15dls). Oh they also have happy hours (2x1) on mojitos.. only $4 dlls!. So call them and ask them about the HH..desserts? Hmm the have a delicious brownie..and coffee is also good...beautiful place, nice staff, good food..what else you need?...

1  Thank Johannie
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at Doubletree Hotel and ate dinner at this restaurant twice. Both times we had very friendly service and the food was delicious. We ordered salmon, eggplant Parmesan and lasagna and fried calamari and vegetarian pasta dish. We had the guava cheesecake. We definitely will be back on our next visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great food and wonderful service. Been there many times and never disappointed. It is always an option when I travel here to San Juan.

1  Thank dannymaldonado
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my first visit. Sat on the covered patio, which was very pleasant. Indoor seating is also available. Hostess was very friendly and waitstaff were attentive & bi-lingual. The menu was very comprehensive and the daily specials looked good, too. I chose a hamburger and it was really good. I would definitely reccommend it. Also had tres leches for dessert...it was ok, not great. Prices are very reasonable. Clientele were both locals & business/tourists. I will certainly visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank frequenttraveler4848