“Perfect no-frills stay.”

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
“Perfect no-frills stay.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are looking for high-end luxury and pampering, this is not the place for you. However, the staff were friendly and welcoming and willing to assist us in booking taxis, etc. The rooms are very clean and they have a great patio/common area to people watch and enjoy the tropical sunshine. They gave us great advice on good restaurants and helped us book a remarkable trip to the Bio Bay. The location is awesome. For the price you can't find much better in San Juan.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shannon S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel as it was a last minute trip and everything was either booked or wanted an arm and four legs per night. However, I discovered that simplicity can be just as exciting, comfortable and satisfying. This hotel provides the basics in a great location. Its a very short walk to the beach, drug stores, restaurants, everything you can think of. What this hotel lacks in extra amenities is more than made up for in its staff. Everyone was very nice and helpful but there was one person I have to point out. His name was Mike! Our rooms were not cleaned and Mike went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. He also recommended a restaurant for us to try in Old San Juan and he even took care of us there. I will definitely be staying here next time in San Juan.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jay R
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I just got back from visiting my friends in Puerto Rico, and of course I stayed at the Casa Condado Hotel, and it was just what I needed. I had a wonderful time and the staff was simply fabulous as usual, and they remembered me. Joelle was on her job as always, and the rest of the staff was very professional and quite hospitable as always! Joelle, Michael, Noel, and the rest of the staff were amazing. I did not miss having an elevator, as my room was on the first floor, the continental breakfast was very nice, and as usual I was given outstanding service. Walking distance to the beach and the beautiful ocean. It is walking distance to several excellent restaurants who all have great food, like Condado Restaurant located across the street from the hotel, where I had breakfast and lunch daily fixed by Olga and the other wonderful staff members! Everyone was very friendly and and went out of their way to ensure that I had a memorable vacation. I made several new friends I will always treasure such as Quincy, and a few others ( I can't remember their names, because I'm having a senior moment). Casa Condado Hotel is very affordable, and extremely clean. What more can you ask for in a smaller more intimate hotel! There was no fitness center or swimming pool, but because they were so close to the ocean, I didn't care about those things, as I got out and walked all over the place and no one bothered me at all! In fact everyone there was quite nice. Take some sunscreen, as it is very hot and humid in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and a good pair of walking shoes if you love to walk around like I did!

Room Tip: Call and ask for a room on the first or second floor if you have trouble walking up stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Billy H
Bournemouth
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good points, staff are very helpful, the place is quiet; so you get a good nights sleep; you are 5 minutes from restaurants, bars, shopping, bus service, and the beach. Bad points, the breakfast is a bit monotonous and without variety; there is no lift.

Room Tip: Ask for ground or first floor if your legs are not too good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alton V
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What an amazing experience we had at Casa Condado. I originally was hesitant because of the great price for our 5 night stay but the place was worth it. It was very clean and simple, which made the experience better. I didn't care about the very small continental breakfast or the lack of an elevator. There was no drawers or dressers in the room but I made due and it worked out fine. Great experience with the staff!

Room Tip: The 1st floor was convenient, having to only walk 1 flight of stairs. Even though this is the area...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReneG716
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a great time during my stay at Casa Condado Hotel; I want to specially thank the staff who went out of their way to make sure that I was given an outstanding service. The Hotel is located close to the beach (within walking distance) approximately two to three minutes away. Also, it is not too far away from the beautiful town of Viejo San Juan. If you are a runner, you will enjoy sightseeing during your morning and afternoon runs.

I requested for an early check-in and check-out and it went very smooth; I requested for a late check-out and the staff was able to accommodate my request, this is something that it is not approved by most hotels even on off seasons. I also witnessed how the staff there worked diligently to help guests whenever they had any issues, overall just outstanding. I felt like I was at home, I felt very welcome at this hotel, the staff there made my trip much better. The reception personnel were very helpful; they advised me and many other guests on what to do in the city and places to go. Thanks again staff of Casa Condado Hotel, I had a great time during my vacation there and you made it happened!!!….

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joe R
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

lacking basic amenities such as refrigerator but in a good location if you are headed to Condado. It is a 10 minute drive to old San Juan. If you can afford, stay in one of the more respectable and trendy hotels nearby. Rooms are ok, check the towels for stains. You can hear everything through walls, not a place for a good night's rest.

Room Tip: stay away from the street if you mind the noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple