“Great experience for solo traveler”
Review of Casa Condado Hotel

Casa Condado Hotel
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed in room 11 from Oct 29 through Nov 3. I expected from prior reviews for the room to be smaller than it was. It was very simply decorated but I found it to be comfortable and roomy since I traveled alone. It would be less comfortable with two, but still probably sufficient. The only view I had from my window was of the building next door, but it was worth it for the low price. I loved the bed and slept extremely well. The free breakfast was fine: coffee, croissants, toast, coffee. Beach, restaurants and shops two blocks away. The room was very clean and my air conditioner worked VERY well. I was impressed with housekeeping too. I was very impressed with Ricky, the young man who worked at the front desk. He was helpful and friendly, spoke perfect English, and gave me tips and ideas of things to see/do while in the area. I have no complaints and would certainly stay here again if I return to the Condado area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank robinmag

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went to this place after desperately looking to get into San Juan. This is not a hotel, it's a small room with a bathroom with no ventilation. The bright side is that it's located in the heart of San Juan where all the 5 star hotels are and it's conveniant for you to travel. They offer a breakfast and customer service is great. If you like walking up flights of stairs this is for you, but I would not recommend this place to anyone. The reason why I gave it poor was because of the location. If you have no reservations about ambiance and simplicity and a dirty bathroom with poor put together hospitality this is the place for you . I left to La concha the next day.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friends and I went for my 35th birthday and to our dismay had to find other accomadations! This is the worst hotel I have ever seen. No elevators, only two floors, no a/c, windows don't open, room so small that you bump into the bed upon entering,..... need I go on? All of the pictures that are posted onlie are of the lobby! STAY AWAY! There are so many other hotels in the vicinity within the same price range.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and the location can't be beat. The beach is just down the street and there are tons of stores and restaurants in the vicinity. Never felt unsafe. Police presence is all around the neighbourhood. The room was tiny, but also very clean and comfortable. The a/c worked well and the tv showed plenty of channels. The room had an electronic safe which was great and included in the total cost. The staff were friendly and helpful; especially the young guy with glasses (I didn't catch his name). I paid $72/ night and found it to be a great value based on the location. Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ms_karen1234
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We checked into this hotel for the first 3 nights and the last 2 nights of our trip. Not much free parking around but there are a few 24 hr lots near by. Don't arrive before the 3:00 pm check in time cause you'll be turned away just as we were both times we tried to check in. Staff was very welcoming overall except for one young girl, who made me feel I was interrupting her studies.

We had room 14 on the second floor. Nothing of a view for any of the rooms but we liked this room due to it having windows on two sides and rebooked it for the last two nights of our visit to Puerto Rico.
The floor below us with rooms 2,4,6,& 8 is where the breakfast is served. You don't want to sleep there if you like to sleep in late.
Rooms 9 -16 is one floor up is much quieter in the morning.
If you feel energetic go for the 3rd floor with rooms 17 to 24 with some of the rooms with views of the city.

The free breakfast is basic. Cereal, bread, bagels, muffins, danish, and croissants. (all grains)
coffee, pineapple juice and orange juice. Basic but enough.

The walk to the beach takes about 2 min, so its perfectly located. Lots of restaurants in the vacinity and a Walgreens 1 min away.

3  Thank Alex A
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days and will never be there again neither recommend it to our friends. And the reason is: air conditioning system and windows. The windows are not opening (one and only small window in the bathroom can be opened). And A/C is located very close on the side of the bed - you can't turn it on, because it will blow you away and there is no way to move the bed. And A/C air intake is from INSIDE THE ROOM, which makes air quality even worth. Because of that we did not have a good sleep. The first night we could not slip at all. Yet - they use kind of air refreshing chemicals, which smells really bad. We had door and bathroom window opened for hours to get rid of this. The stuff was very friendly, breakfast was OK. WiFi works only in public area, and there is no elevator.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a great hotel if you just need a comfortable place to sleep! We were a block from the bus to Old San Juan, a short walk to the public beach in Condado, and close to lots of good places to eat. The hotel staff are nice and accommodating. As has been stated, there isn't too much extra, but the rooms are comfy and clean. If you have trouble with stairs, this is not the place for you--no elevator. The breakfasts are not great, but if all you need is a bagel and cup of coffee, you'll be ok! We stayed three nights on our way in to PR and one on the way out; it's close to the airport. All in all, if we went back, we'd pick it again.

Room Tip: Room 24 on the fourth floor was roomy. We also stayed in room 18; it was cozy :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business