“Ok for budget travelers, no frills here good location though”
Review of Casa Condado Hotel

Casa Condado Hotel
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel two nights on the way in and out of puerto Rico. It is very close to casinos and was perfect for the condado culinary festival last weekend which we walked to in 2 minutes.

I booked this hotel for $75 on bookings.com but that didn't include $15 a night in parking. Which is just a short walk from the hotel but there is no place to park while you check in/out or drop bags. Also you have to get a ticket from the hotel or they charge you way more.

The room was fairly clean, I didn't have a problem with the bedroom but the shower was pretty dirty. The "breakfast" is only 2 hours long and it's jut bagels and juice, nothing that will last all day.

Overall I got what I was expecting so it was ok for me, if you're looking for fancy...this isn't the place. We stayed in two different rooms, the one on the second floor, #15 was much bigger.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I arrived around noon and fortunately our room was ready for early check in. Upon entering the room, the smell of bleach from the bathroom was overwhelming. It deceives you into thinking housekeeping must have scrubbed the place, but when I looked closer there were still strands of hair left from the last person who stayed, and once I ran water over the grout in the shower, dirt and grime came off. The ceiling fan in the room was COVERED in dust. That thing must not have been cleaned in years. Customer service was good, the housekeeping man helped us with our luggage up the stairs, and when we needed something printed out, front desk did that for us. It served its purpose, just a place to lay our heads at night and shower. We were barely in the room, so the negatives didn't bother us much as we were too busy enjoying Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I took my daughter to Puerto Rico to celebrate her 45th birthday. We selected this hotel based on location and cost. The location was excellent. Only a block to the bus stop to take us to Old San Juan. The cost was reasonable for the value received. The room was bare bones: a bed, nightstand and TV. Although I was impressed they supplied a small bottle of shampoo and rinse. The first morning, at 8am, we left to sightsee for the day. We were asked if our room was ready for housekeeping. After saying yes we left. We returned after 6pm to a room that had not been touched. Back to the desk where after explaining the issue, Sarah shrugged her shoulders and did not offer an appology. I had to ask for clean towels. We were only there from Friday to Sunday, during that time our room was never touched by housekeeping. The rest of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The gentleman on Sunday allowed us to stay one hour past "check out" at no cost as we were running late after spending the morning on the beach. We went to the beach because the hotel does not have a swiming pool. This is something to consider as a cool swim after a long day of sightseeing would have been nice. The value was good at the price paid through Trip Advisor; however, when checking out I noticed a sign on the desk that stated rooms were priced almost double what I paid. Would I have selected this hotel on that new price - absolutely not!

Room Tip: For the "fit" any room would be okey. For those not wanting to climb many stairs, request...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

dave from philly.i stayed at this location from sept. 17-21,i must say the staff were very helpful.since my room was on the third floor the male housekeeping staff took my lugage up to my room for me.ever day he greet me with a friendly and a warm hello.the front desk staff was also helpful and friendly.they made sure that i had a taxi by 6 am to take me to air port. they alos offered me breakfast that time of the morning since i was leaving so early.they may not be a 5 star hotel, but their kindness is 5 star quality. i would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The location and the staff were simply marvelous and very helpful. My room was on the first floor and my sister's room was on the first floor and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel, as it was in close proximity to sites we wanted to see. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at this establishment yet again and yet i remain pleased. The staff at the hotel are very helpful; I had a couple of bags with me and since my room was located on the second floor, the Front Desk Agent stopped what he was doing to take my bags upstairs and all the way into my room.
The hotel is a very comfy type place. I little get-away home, or a business type hotel. The breakfast included muffins, bagels, toast, pastry cakes, orange and pineapple juice, coffee, and milk. It was a light breakfast but it still did the work. At the same time, if I wanted to go out for breakfast, I was surrounded by all types of restaurants. The location was PERFECT.
The hotel location was: 2 blocks from the beach, a block from a 24 hour Walgreen's (which sells alcohol), and across the street from a small liquor store, as well as, two blocks from the main street in Condado: Ashford st, which is where everything goes down at.
I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone who wants to stay in PR and not spend so much on a hotel but at the same time be as comfortable as paying BIG BUCKS for one! :P

Room Tip: Piedra escrita, El yunque, Mar chiquita (in Manati), Fajardo, Culebra (Flamenco beach), and Cueva Ve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The location was great because it was close to ashford which is the main street and the beach! The customer service was great!!! Ricky is extremely helpful!! He went out of his way to help us out with very question we had! I definitely recommend Casa Condado!

• Stayed: August 2012