“Excellent Price and excellent location!”
Review of Casa Condado Hotel

Casa Condado Hotel
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent Price and excellent location!”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on April 10th. It was a quick one night getaway and this hotel was excellent. The accommodations were very modest, but got the job done. My room contained a clean comfy bed, small wall mounted tv, a desk and chair, and an air conditioning unit (worked excellent). There were many things to do and see within walking distance. Just around the block were many bars and nightclubs. The restaurant located in the hotel was also very good.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Excellent. Friendly staff. Good location. My husband and I celebrated a very important date for us definitely made ​​an excellent choice for this occasion. We recommend 100%

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My partner and I have been to San Juan before so we wanted to try staying in Condado, to get a feel for another neighborhood. I admit I expected a slightly nicer hotel and I knew better given the price and reviews. The hotel is okay, sort of like going to Ikea. It is acceptable for one night, if you are in transit and want to be at this location. However, if you need anything the front desk will not assist (when we arrived around 12:30 pm the woman at the desk just told us she would not give us a room before check-in/quite unfriendly). The breakfast was pathetic. But I liked being able to walk to the beach, some restaurants and Santurce. If you need a budget hotel and cannot find one, you can book here.

Room Tip: avoid the floor where breakfast is served

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Zuid-Holland
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Pleasant hotel with an excellent location for a short city trip. Close to the Condado beach (50 meters), bus stop to San Juan city centre. Close to a selection of moderately priced restaurants. Close to free-ways to airport and countryside.
Pleasantly designed rooms with (noisy) A/C, outdoor terrace on second floor with cozy seats. Free Wifi.
Simple continental breakfast. Price/quality: very good.

Room Tip: Excellent location for city break
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Our first stay was two nights. When we arrived we were not greeted with a smile or a friendly welcome. The front desk employee seemed that he could careless that we were staying with them. There is no elevator, and we had to carry our luggage ( a lot) up four small flights of stairs. No employee even offered to help. Not such a big deal if we were only packed for a few days, but we had two weeks worth of things with us. The room was very bland, not that clean, very little blankets and one of lamps didn't work. It was like they remodeled the rooms, but never finished. There was not an ice machine at the hotel. I have to say that it was a good location. Very close to the main street in Condado, and very close to Old San Juan. Lots of nice restaurants nearby. At check out, my husband realized that he had lost his key, no biggy. The different front desk clerk acted like it was like we smashed the t.v. Made us feel very uncomfortable. As we were waiting for our cab out front my husband's book bag broke, so he ran down to the Walgreens and bought a new one. Our cab showed up as we were just finishing switching out the bags, so I ran back inside and asked the front desk clerk to through the broken one away for us because our cab was waiting. She gave me a smug look, and told me I needed to walk up two flights of stairs and throw it away in a common area trash can. We had already booked another night a week a way, so I tried to be optimistic about our return. No same old "could careless greet" and not a single offer to help with luggage. We will never stay there again! Also, the continental breakfast was not great. Consisted of warm juices, coffee, bagels, and packaged muffins. The coffee was probably the healthiest item I decided after I read the labels for everything else.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying there
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This place is not fancy, but $40-50/night cheaper (we stayed two nights) than the Holiday Inn Express two blocks away another reviewer claimed is the same price. I've stayed at the Holiday before (slightly nicer place) and checked both prices this time around. Service is fine, though no phones, somebody came and knocked on our door to make sure we were up at 5:30 to catch a flight. Breakfast was pre-packaged muffins and bagels-- not white bread-- but better than what they used to serve on the airlines, and asgood as what they currently charge for. this place is excellently located, and we'd rather spend the $40-50/night difference (minimum) at a restaurant. I'm guessing many snooty reviewers were attracted here by the low rates. If so, they should accept that this won't be the Four Seasons and quit whining.

Room Tip: In the back, away from the street
Romney, West Virginia
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We had a 2 day stopover in San Juan and found Casa Condado online, close to airport and to beach. Didn't think to check about elevator (there isn't any) and had to haul suitcases up 3 flights. Everything minimal... no services, bare and shabby decor and room felt like a prison cell. Air quality was really poor. We checked out after the first night (should've checked out before!) and went a few blocks away to Holiday Inn Express which had lovely, clean rooms, pool and full breakfast (Condado served boxed cereal, plastic muffins and white toast) for the same price or less. This could be a nice place if some money and TLC were put into it, but meanwhile, stay away

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple