“outdoor dining”
Review of Cafe La Princesa - CLOSED

Cafe La Princesa
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The restaurant:Open since 1998, Café La Princesa offers its clients an experience for the five senses. Our dishes are prepared and serve by a professional, attentive and hospitable team. The restaurant is located in a unique space: a beautiful garden protected by an immense, full of history, colonial wall. Menu Compromised with local agriculture and the wish of honoring Puerto Rican food in Café La Princesa we prepare the freshest ingredients with love and an impeccable presentation in each one of our dishes. Hours ScheduleLunchMonday to Friday 11:00am – 3:00Sunday 2:00pm- 5:00pmDinnerTuesday to Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pmSaturday 6:00pm-12:00MSunday 5:00pm-10:00pmLocationCafé La Princesa is located in Paseo de la Princesa in Old San Juan next to the Tourism Company.Parking:Conveniently, we are located right across from La Puntilla public parking. ReservationsWe suggest making reservations.In any case, the Café welcomes guests on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis.
twinsburg, ohio
“outdoor dining”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had a wonderful meal on our last night in San Juan. The food was really good and the portions were large. The coqui frogs serenade you the entire time. There are not a ton of outdoor restaurants, so this was really nice. Wait staff was a little bit goofy, but attentive.

Visited April 2014

Medford, Oregon
“Wonderful lunch in a great setting!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is the prettiest outside eating place and the food was wonderful. One of us had the best coconut shrimp yet and the other had some great deep fried chicken. We even enjoyed the most well-behaved "beggar" cat . She politely waited at each table while they were eating without even letting you know she was there. She knew when you were done and moved on to the next prospect.

Visited March 2014
Katy, Texas
“Limited menu, but what we had was good.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I felt that the menu was limited. A few locals recommended the place for us to try, but we weren't totally impressed. The location is very cool and eating outdoors is really cool. I would recommend that you stop by and at least have a Pina Colada!

Visited March 2014
Hammond, Indiana
“Must see spot in Old San Juan”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I missed this place in oct 2013 so when we returned it was a must.We read some great reviews on this restaurant and I must say I was highly impressed from the hostess to leaving after dinner.The presentation of the food was excellent.The setting outside at night was beautiful(to get the real view you need to see it at night lite up,very romantic setting and nice music.We will return in oct with the kids and will dine here again!!!!Thanks for the friendly staff taking a picture of my wife and I also.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank rick7702
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Awesome food and ambient”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

As a Puerto Rican is obvious that I have eaten a lot of food, but the food of Cafe La Princesa is one of the best representations of the Puerto Rican flavors!

I visited Cafe La Princesa for second time with my boyfriend and these restaurant never stop to impress us with their delicious dishes. The first time I ate pork ribs with guava sauce and "mamposteao" rice and it was DE-LI-CIOUS! My boyfriend ate "Churrasco italianísimo" a grilled skirt steak with sauteed Spanish sauce and mushrooms, topped with marinara and Swiss cheese. Maybe that combination sound weird but it tastes really good.
Our last visit was on February 14, Valentine's Day. I made reservations one week after just to be sure. There was an special menu for the night but my boyfriend and I want to eat from the regular menu, so when I made the reservation I asked if we can order that. They told us that if we indicated what we would eat that night would gladly prepared those dishes for us. I went for the "pastelón de amarillos" and my boyfriend for the mofongo with steak. Both dishes were great! The mofongo had a lot of steak and the pastelón was like a lasagña with a lot of cheese and meet. Like always the presentation was fabulous.
That night was awesome, there was a jazz band and the ambient was very romantic. These is one of our favorite restaurants in San Juan and even is not soo expensive for the quality and the taste of the food.

• Visited February 2014