“Great place to eat”
Review of Cafe La Princesa - CLOSED

Cafe La Princesa
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The restaurant:Open since 1998, Café La Princesa offers its clients an experience for the five senses. Our dishes are prepared and serve by a professional, attentive and hospitable team. The restaurant is located in a unique space: a beautiful garden protected by an immense, full of history, colonial wall. Menu Compromised with local agriculture and the wish of honoring Puerto Rican food in Café La Princesa we prepare the freshest ingredients with love and an impeccable presentation in each one of our dishes. Hours ScheduleLunchMonday to Friday 11:00am – 3:00Sunday 2:00pm- 5:00pmDinnerTuesday to Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pmSaturday 6:00pm-12:00MSunday 5:00pm-10:00pmLocationCafé La Princesa is located in Paseo de la Princesa in Old San Juan next to the Tourism Company.Parking:Conveniently, we are located right across from La Puntilla public parking. ReservationsWe suggest making reservations.In any case, the Café welcomes guests on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis.
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a quiet, inexpensive place to eat lunch. The flank steak with red sauce I has was delicious and the monfongo with steak my wife ordered was outstanding. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the soup of the day which was delicious as well as the fried cheese and the churrasco italianisimo. All great. Definitely can't complain about the food. The atmosphere of the area also looks nice... however having fountains and ponds as pretty as they might look adjacent to tables is a ridiculous idea since now I'm stuck with so many insect bites that I had to buy hydrocortisone cream. As tasty as the food was it is not worth going there ever again. Sorry. Truly a shame. My legs look horrible and in pain as I write this.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Located at the base of the city walls of Old San Juan, this café provided us with an exceptional memories highlighted by amazing food and live entertainment- coqui frogs. We heard that we could expect coqui frogs that start their serenades at sunset and were not disappointed. They provided very enjoyable background music that was an excellent compliment to some very fine Puerto Rican Food. We were also very impressed with not only the taste but the presentation as well. This is an outdoor dining in a very relaxed, laid-back setting among the trees and the frogs. We will definitely return to this enchanting café again

Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a beautiful setting...great cilantro mojitos and spectacular service. Food was delicious, we had the lasagna dish that is made with plantains instead of noodles...wonderful! Also ordered a couple of appetizers, empanadillas and a cheese fondue with sausage and bread, both were very good.