“Great experience”

Old San Juan Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 7 Food & Drink in San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the ORIGINAL walking food tour company of Puerto Rico (founded in 2009). What's that? Our food tours combine Puerto Rico's unique history and cuisine in the beautiful setting of historic Old San Juan. Featured as a top tour option on CNN, BBC, Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine, USA Today, Frommers, Lonely Planet and more, Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours offers delicious 1-3 hour food tasting events focused solely in historic San Juan, Puerto Rico (Old San Juan). Leave your tourist fanny pack at home and awaken the traveler inside! Our guided food tours include mouth-watering food samples (enough for most to feel full afterwards) showing off the diversity of Puerto Rican "comida criolla" or local cuisine. We are so much more than rice and beans! Come learn our rich history, treasured architecture and hidden off the beaten path restaurants you don't want to miss. Our food tour offerings depart daily at 10am and 3pm.
North Potomac, Maryland, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

The best tour you can take. Take it early in your trip to take full advantage of what you learn and eat. The guide was fantastic and you cannot eat all the food you will get to taste. Come hungry and leave full. My wife band I visited some of the same place later suit hour coupons and were treated like VIP's. The merchants appreciate the tours and repeat business. We would do it again as the restraints change with time

1 Thank Frank G

Playa del Rey
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't miss this tour...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was the best food tour we have been on, you not only got a taste of food and drink of Puerto Rico, but also a walking history tour of old San Juan. We had a young lady (Rosalie/Rosile?) that knew her history of old town. Please take the tour if you have the opportunity.

Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Well Organized and Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I did the walking dinner tour - great combination of tasty authentic food with education on the history of San Juan and Puerto Rico in general. Guides were professional, friendly and enthusiastic. Our tour group had some interesting characters in it that got a little annoying but the guides handled them well. I appreciated how they kept things moving without making me feel rushed and made sure here was time for bathroom breaks at places with nice facilities.

Highlights for me taste wise were the coffee, experiencing the "original" pina colada, and making my own mofongo (sooooo delicious). The other three were also tasty, but on those the atmosphere stood out to me more. We ended up going back to Carli's to experience their delicious mojito after the tour and went to the coffee shop twice the next day (and bought coffee to bring home).

Houston
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun & Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with this food and culture tour. Our guides were friendly and knowledgeable and the food was very good at every stop. If you enjoy meeting new people and want to learn about the culture and history of San Juan, you should consider taking this tour. We had fabulous appetizers at Carli's; coffe at Quatro Sombras; mofongo, beans & rice at Rosa de Triana; pina colada at Barrachina; fish at El Convento, a stop at a Spice shop; and coconut flan at Cafe Princess. The food at each place was great and we felt like we had PLENTY to eat! (although the Spice Shop was more about shopping than eating) I would recommend this tour.

Bayamon, Puerto Rico
“A San Juan MUST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a great experience of food and culture. My family currently lives in Puerto Rico but have wanted to experience the Flavors of San Juan Food Tour. I have to say that the food and the cultural information were both superb! Our tour guides were very knowledgeable and made the tour a lot of fun! I highly recommend the tour to anyone who has just a short amount of time available in San Juan. You get a beautiful tour of the old city and taste some amazing traditional food!