Howard Johnson Centro Cardiovascular San Juan
$263
$199
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
$239
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$114
$339
$319
  • Pool
All reviewsmedical centermedical facilitiespuerto ricoconvenient hotelfront desk staffcoffee makerthe air conditioningmedioupgradingthermostathurricanedryerprlockfees
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I made a mistake when I reserved this hotel but turned out to be the best mistake ever.
located in the city this hospital/hotel is a gem.Clean,quiet and affordable it made our stay in San Juan a pleasure, only a ten minute ride to old San Juan.
I recommend this one to all.
Thanks to all the personnel for the kind and efficient service.
Angie and freinds

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My wife was called for an interview at university of Puerto Rico's school of dental medicine and the faculty is located near this hotel; in terms of location and prices it was the best option for us. Even though it is located in the top floor of an hospital, you won't notice what's going on down there. The service is really good; the manager was very kind, giving us information about the places to visit and helping us to find the best opportunities to know the essence of Puerto Rico. They now have high speed wireless service and if you don't have a laptop or netbook, there is a computer in one of the management offices that you can use. The room was very nice and clean. There are a few places to eat in the surroundings.
For the friendly service and cleanliness, I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2011

If you are planning to spend some days in Puerto Rico and are in a tight budget, this hotel is a great choice. However, you must know, this is not a regular hotel, it is located within a medical facility, because it is intended to be a hotel for patients who travel a long distance to receive medical care in the cardiovascular center in San Juan.
For this reason, there is no swimming pool, nor other amenities.
We didnt know this and were thinking of moving out after the first night, but after knowing the Hotel Manager and his team, we were very pleased. The service is great and they really do their best for making guests feel at home.
The people at the hotel were very helpful and friendly, and provided us with a lot of tourist information which really helped us to get the most out of our stay and finding a couple of great deals in shopping here and there.
However, if you have a bigger budget and want a more resort/beachclub like experience, this is not recommended for you, this is a great option for a business trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank carlitosangulo
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Howard Johnson Centro Medico in San Juan. The hotel was everything we needed. I had a family member that was in an accident so we needed to be near the hospital. The hotel is located inside of the cardiac hospital on the 4th floor. This may not be ideal for vacationers but if you need to be near the hospital it’s perfect. I would still stay at this hotel even on a vacation because the rates are good compared to other hotels in San Juan. The hotel is easily accessible as you can take mass transit or cab to Old San Juan near the port (mass transit is much cheaper) Less than five minutes away is a major mall with restaurants and a movie theater. There is a cafeteria on the first floor and the food is mostly good. A short walk away in the center of several hospitals is an Estrella (Spanish food), Burger King, Churches Chicken and a Subway. If I hadn’t stayed here I would be skeptical but since I did I know that the rooms are clean and the staff is courteous. They go out of their way to make a difference in your stay. Upon arrival the manager gave us directions to get around. They offered to get ice for me since it’s on a separate floor in the hospital but I was fine getting it. My mother didn’t realize that when her medications were picked up at the drug store prior to her departure to Puerto Rico that she didn’t get one medication filled that she needed. Glory a staff member called the local CVS explained everything so they could have the prescription transferred over from the CVS where we live. This is just one of the many things that the manager Mr. Gonzalez and his staff did for us. The staff made a bad situation a lot better. We ended up staying about 3 weeks. If you are looking for a safe, clean place with a great staff this is it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NYCFlorida
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Thanks for making our family health challenge a more easeful experience. We traveled from a far town in the island and were able to conveniently stay throughout the surgery process. The concierge (Dagoberto) was kind, helpful and patient with our needs. I will let everyone know about this totally convenient and excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2010