Hotel Milano
$340
$188
$275
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Restaurant
$329
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop restaurantold san juangreat locationcontinental breakfastwithin walking distancepuerto ricostreet noisetop floorcruise shiprooms are smallyour luggagemofongostayed one nightpre cruisefortnightlife
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hotel was adequate, but room was dated and small. The worst part was that we had a street-side room, and band music blared loudly until 2:00 a.m., after which people filled the street shouting and partying. Also, cars proceeded by with extremely loud thumping music until after 4:00 a.m.! If you want some sleep, choose another hotel. This happened on a Saturday night, and the following night (Sunday) was not as noisy. We did feel safe in this hotel and in Old San Juan, though there were some sketchy characters. Quite a police presence though. Also, beward of booking at "hotels.com" as the 7% service fee is not included in the total price and was in extremely fine print. Surprise!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the SOFO Festival that is why there was so much music and happiness on the Old San Juan' streets, that festival happens three times a year and attract a lot of people, anyway thank you for reviewing us, have a great new year, Juan..

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am sure had our flight circumstances been different our stay would have been much nicer. However, it seemed everything was fighting against us.

1. We flew in New Year's Eve. Busy holiday but we booked early, so we figured we would be fine. NOT! Th street leading to the Hotel was closed so we had to walk two blocks with our heavy suitcases. Not too bad because we are young, but the hotel should post a warning somewhere that this happens every year! Had my disabled mother been with us I don't know how we would have gotten there.

2. Our flight was a late night one. So we arrived at the hotel around 10ish, but like I said we booked months in advanced for a romantic night in Old San Juan. We were given out key room and we took the lovely elevator up.

3. We were given an OCCUPIED room. Much to our surprise when we opened the door the room was taken. Thankfully no one was in there, but they stuff was. ALL OF IT! It was a major safety hazard. I could not believe that their room booking was so out of order they did not know the room was already occupied. I almost wanted to leave because the same thing could happen to us. Afterwards it took nearly an hour to get a new room.

First they gave us a room that had Leaky AC so they called us and said they had another room. We switched rooms, for the third time, and found ourselves in something that looked like it belonged off an American highway that would be worth about $50 a night, tops

We did not receive any discount, just free breakfast in the morning totaling about $11 US. For the price this was a terrible experience! We will go to San Juan again but we will never visit this hotel again. Nor will we recommend it!

As side note some of the service people were not helpful and communication between the staff was non existent we had to explain out situation to multiple people with little sympathy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Sorry to hear all that happened to you, we try hard to have the best service but under certain circumstances that is not always the case, we will keep trying hard and we are pretty sure our future guests as the vast majority that we already have had will enjoy our hospitality and the best guarantee is the more than 500 positive reviews we have in this site, wish you the best.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I Reserved this room for my husnband & i at 1st. Than called back 3 moths later to request 2 beds in the room, therefore My cosuin coul dsty the night also before a cruise. When we arrived and went to the room I almost passed out, it was 1 bed and so old & outdated. We went back downstairs to discuss this and was told they were sold out of rooms with 2 beds.....(okay what happend to what i reserved and called about to change).....Not wanting to go crazy(we had just buried my husband mom day before arrving...cruise had been booked for 7 months so we really needed to get away at this time) I booked and paid for another room for My cousin & her husband(we had not planned on being in the room as it was all of our 1st time in PR. Okay 1st rpoblem solved. Than our ac would not get cold at all, was told there were no more rooms, than the tv kept getting louyd by itself and there were no remote for it. FINALLY, they move me toanother room LOL a room with 2 beds(THOUGHT YOU WERE SOLD OUT!!!!!!) So I paid $300 for 2 hotboxes, they just wanted my money. We were only here for 1 night prior to cruise, but it was within walking distance to cruise that was the best part of this hotel, they should only charge $60 a night

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank limolady714
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was extremely small and outdated. The bathroom was also small and the hair dryer did not work. The air conditioner made some awful noise that continually woke me up all night. Would NOT recommend this place. Old San Juan was just okay....the neighborhood felt safe, but had lots of interesting characters at night. I would definitely stay somewhere closer to Condado or the beaches.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fresno_Sun
Reviewed December 29, 2012

That's right! You too can take a vacation and stay in a beautiful colonial San Juan and if you stay here you can have the extra excitement of having the manger tell you that he's going to have the police remove you, even though you're reservation is for three nights and they are insisting its for two.

I of course have an early morning flight and it being between Xmas and NYE there is scarce hotels within easy reach of the airport.

Yeah, what a sweet taste to leave such a beautiful place with! Truly the people and geography of Puerto Rico are incredible and wonderful. This hotel, not so much.

So, after threatening me with police which I agreed was the only way they would get me out and also promised that option came with a free lawsuit. They finally did some research, not their string suit, and lo and behold............ They found my reservation! Oh, with a little help from me who had it emailed into them. Yeah that smart!

They were quick to respond with a heartfelt apology! Just KIDDING! Yeah that's right, they tried to explain why I was responsible for them threatening me with police! Yep, I shait you not!

It turns out that my reservation had a room change to a more expensive room by 20 bucks. I came with friends and didn't make the reservation, so I was unaware. They're all home or on their way.

So after them trying to explain how threatening me with arrest was not their fault, they gave me the key to the other room. When I returned the other key and was half way up the stairs the desk clerk, waved me back to let me know that I have an outstanding charge of $11 and will I be paying it at checkout tomorrow at 6:30 AM? Yeah, t told him! And I promised a glowing review!

If only for solidarity please do not stay at this hotel.

To the owner and manager! I hope you're seeing this! I'm writing it in your own hotel!

Cheers!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Jamesaustinmurray

You came to the hotel and signed the registration card which stated that you was for two nights and when you was supposed to check out you didn't want to leave because you said you had three nights paid, we needed that room for another guest as we explained to you but refused to empty the room, in those cases we have to use the authorities, later came out that your agent booked another room with another reservation number for that last night and somehow you didn’t know it and that was something you was supposed to know, over all you are blaming us but that is not fair, the details of any one traveling is his own responsibility, I am sure next time you travel are going to be more careful with all the details, also we wish you the best.