“Would NOT stay here again.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Milano

Hotel Milano
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Salina, Kansas
“Would NOT stay here again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was extremely small and outdated. The bathroom was also small and the hair dryer did not work. The air conditioner made some awful noise that continually woke me up all night. Would NOT recommend this place. Old San Juan was just okay....the neighborhood felt safe, but had lots of interesting characters at night. I would definitely stay somewhere closer to Condado or the beaches.

1 Thank Fresno_Sun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

That's right! You too can take a vacation and stay in a beautiful colonial San Juan and if you stay here you can have the extra excitement of having the manger tell you that he's going to have the police remove you, even though you're reservation is for three nights and they are insisting its for two.

I of course have an early morning flight and it being between Xmas and NYE there is scarce hotels within easy reach of the airport.

Yeah, what a sweet taste to leave such a beautiful place with! Truly the people and geography of Puerto Rico are incredible and wonderful. This hotel, not so much.

So, after threatening me with police which I agreed was the only way they would get me out and also promised that option came with a free lawsuit. They finally did some research, not their string suit, and lo and behold............ They found my reservation! Oh, with a little help from me who had it emailed into them. Yeah that smart!

They were quick to respond with a heartfelt apology! Just KIDDING! Yeah that's right, they tried to explain why I was responsible for them threatening me with police! Yep, I shait you not!

It turns out that my reservation had a room change to a more expensive room by 20 bucks. I came with friends and didn't make the reservation, so I was unaware. They're all home or on their way.

So after them trying to explain how threatening me with arrest was not their fault, they gave me the key to the other room. When I returned the other key and was half way up the stairs the desk clerk, waved me back to let me know that I have an outstanding charge of $11 and will I be paying it at checkout tomorrow at 6:30 AM? Yeah, t told him! And I promised a glowing review!

If only for solidarity please do not stay at this hotel.

To the owner and manager! I hope you're seeing this! I'm writing it in your own hotel!

Cheers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Jamesaustinmurray
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
You came to the hotel and signed the registration card which stated that you was for two nights and when you was supposed to check out you didn't want to leave because you said you had three nights paid, we needed that room for another guest as we explained to you but refused to empty the room, in those cases we have to use the authorities, later came out that your agent booked another room with another reservation number for that last night and somehow you didn’t know it and that was something you was supposed to know, over all you are blaming us but that is not fair, the details of any one traveling is his own responsibility, I am sure next time you travel are going to be more careful with all the details, also we wish you the best.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Superb Location and Service. Not too hard on the pocket book, either. Rooms were OK, but not luxurious. Good security here, even though I never felt threatened in San Juan. If you're looking for a budget hotel in old San Juan, you won't find a better one.

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel 2 nights on Nov 18/19. Check in was a bit long. Lobby is small but welcoming. Room was comfortable and clean. Hotel is in the middle of Old San Juan and walking distance to some good restaurants, the free trolley and great sites.
There is a computer in the lobby that you can use free of charge. You can also print your boarding pass for free.
We did not use the breakfast (located on the roof of the hotel with a view of old San Jan).
I would definitely would go back there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Venice, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Hotel is clean, but nothing special. Good location. Staff was very helpful. Left our luggage there after we checked out. There was continental breakfast for a small charge. Hotel is a bit tired. But we would return.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great spot for the festivals in old San Juan! Walk or take the free trolley to many of the great sites. We found ourselves in the center of the celebrations and loved it! The hotel is very old but clean & quiet. The bed was comfy & the small fridge in the room came in handy. Restaurants, shopping street vendors, music & dancing in the streets! What fun! Great continental breakfast up on the rooftop with views ...( For a small fee) Could use an update but overall a great location to immerse yourself in history.

Room Tip: A room in the rear is a bit more quite.. Wear slippers as the carpeting is well worn! It is air con...
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

It has an excellent location, but we had a terrible experience. We chose it for my husband's birthday and we had an awful service since reception. Not a nice welcome. The hotel is full of inconsiderate employees and a very mean owner. The room was literally falling apart. The air conditioner was dripping and the bed was the most umcomfortable, noisy, springy ever! Bathroom too small. They even charged us for an extra night that we didn't even planned on staying. It really was a terrible unnecessary experience. We recommend other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms are awful, falling apart. Never choose this hotel!! I mean it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lucy L
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear lady, your comments talk laud about yourself and it is obvius you did it in bad faith, you are trying to tarnish our reputation accusing us of charging you for nothing, that is stealing and that is not truth, it is sad that your vicious review got posted but people know better, wish you the best, Juan