“Good Location but humid room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Miami Beach, Florida
“Good Location but humid room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Good location with public parking acroos the street for $15 per day. Personnel was cordial. Room was okay (holiday inn express) but had a humid smell. Breakfast was okay if you do not look for protein base food.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank luis t
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear luis t,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and all the nice comments about the location of our hotel and our staff. Your comments with the room humidity and the breakfast has been noted for review and future considerations.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Hotel has a very good location but did not compensate for the terrible room I got. I have never stayed in a more humid room in my life... I would run my hand over the bed sheets and they were humid-almost wet... When I'd dress every morning, my clothes were equally humid. Even if I had the AC on, the room was a sauna. I'm fine with using towels several days in a row, but I was really disappointed to find the same soaking towels I'd used in the morning on the evening... Anything good about the hotel has completely overshadowed by this major humidity mishap. Must warn: I arrived at midnight, and there was no water in the room, no drinking water in the faucets, and no water in the vending machine in the lobby. The gentleman at the front desk was kind enough to get me a couple of glasses of water from the dining room (only good thing I can say about hotel's personnel). Bathroom was small, and the room was not comfortable for business travel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Acon A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Los Polanco C,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed for 6 days and loved it! It is like a new hotel! The concierge Janice. ..well I can't say enough nice things about her. If there is something you want to do or somewhere you want to go she will make it happen! If you are trying to vacation in a nice hotel on a budget. ..well this is your place! My biggest piece of advice. ..ask the concierge for a taxi rate chart or they charge you whatever they feel like!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kelwarn
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights in August 2014. We had 2 rooms for 4 adults. We wanted a budget-friendly room for San Juan as we explored the island. The rooms were clean, quiet, and had comfortable beds. The shower worked well, but the toilet would get stuck and keep running. The location of this hotel is ideal, just a block from beach access. Parking was available across the street for $15/day. Breakfast was good for a free breakfast (eggs, toast, fruit etc. available) Overall, this hotel was exactly what we were looking for and I would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Erica L
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here precruise and the hotel was in a great location. U r one block from the beach and great restaurants and bars. The area around the hotel is safe to walk around in after dark. The hotel is minutes from the cruise terminal. The rooms are a little small, but clean and very efficient. I would stay here again without reservation.

Room Tip: join the IHG and then ask
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank andycrna
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

When reviewing a hotel, many people fail to explain what they were looking for when booking. We wanted something clean, safe, near restaurants, and comfortable. This hotel was perfect for us! Cost us $20+tip to get to in a cab from the airport. Very updated and exceptionally clean! Receptionists were very nice and helpful. The rooms are small - if you're looking for something big and spacious with all the amenities of a 5 star resort, do not stay here. This place is perfect for a one or two night stay, or a vacation in which you plan to spend minimal time at the hotel. By no means a five star resort, this place is perfect if you simply want a clean, friendly place to stay. The only downfalls were the small rooms and the overly crowded breakfast area. However, breakfast itself was very good with a lot of hot choices (French toast, sausage, pancakes). I would definitely stay here again and I certainly recommend this hotel to the budget-friendly traveler looking for just the basics! (See review for nearby Orozco's hotel, a fantastic local restaurant)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank carri626
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a week with 3 other friends. We had 2 rooms, 2 people per room. My expectations of the hotel were minimal. I pictured the Holiday Inn as outdated and mediocre. I was completely wrong. The lobby was nicely refurbished, clean, sleek, and modern. The rooms were also very nice with lots of window light. The bathroom was pretty small but we managed to deal with it as we spent most of our time outside of the hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating; letting us leave our luggage in storage after we checked out as we had a late return flight home. The breakfast was te standard breads, sausage, fruit, eggs, etc. It wasn't a 5 star breakfast but I was not expecting it to be anyways. It was free and satisfying enough. The hotel was within walking distance to the beach and noise level was very quiet. This was a good choice for travelers on a budget. There is barely an ocean view though so if being very close and/or seeing the beach is important to you, I would recommend paying extra to stay at a beach front resort.

Stayed August 2014