“Budget Hotel in Excellent Location”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #45 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
New Jersey
“Budget Hotel in Excellent Location”
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Atlantic Beach Hotel offers a budget hotel in an excellent location. The hotel is situated in San Juan Condado Beach and caters to gay travellers especially couples as the hotel does not allow anyone other than hotel guests in rooms (which is a good thing). The rooms are basic, but clean with A/C and hot water in working condition. Bathrooms are a bit small. The ocean view and its location right on the beach in Condado area as well as the free parking and WI-FI throughout the hotel makes up for some defficiencies. The hotel also has a rooftop ocean front deck with lounge chairs and is perfect for spending romantic evening with your lover, spouse, or just hanging out with friends. The hotel also has a coin laundry which is handy for washing clothes especially beach towels and swimming items. My spouse and I loved the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Beach Location, Ocean View Rooms, Roof Top Deck, Free Parking and WI-FI
  • Disliked — Rooms are very basic, no bell hop for baggage service, No Queen or King Size Beds (one bed is too small for 2 people)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
25 Thank willshabshis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
JERSEY CITY,NJ
Reviewed August 22, 2006

i have to say that this hotel is in a really bad condition if you read the negative reviews all are true.i wanted to stay here because as a gay person love to support my people. the facility is very old needs alot of work i stay here for 5 days,my first and last time this place it`s a shame!! please sell this hotel to someone that really love gay people. if you go to puerto rico get a drink in this hotel bar and look around and you will see that everything is true. but DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
9 Thank JJAY74
New York, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I've stayed once before and decided to give it a second chance. I won't make the mistake again. The property has gone downhill considerably AND IT WASN'T GREAT BEFORE...just a few snippets from my recent 3 day stay:

1. I was told I could park along the gym on the side of the building by reception (everyone else seems to park there too) and 6 hours later had a $75 ticket on my car. They apparently like to target tourists' cars, I had a Hertz with neverlost in it so it was obvious and the cars in front/behind me has no tickets.
2. The room was filthy. The air conditioner was rusted so bad that I'm shocked it had the ability to freeze me to death- as it did.
3. I changed my arrival date within 10 days and they almost refused the change. Poorest cust. service I've seen and I live in Manhattan! I needed to change my vacation dates due to a work trip which came up. NOW FOR THE ICING ON THE CAKE...
4. My friend doesn't drink so she ordered a pineablle juice and I had a single beer, 2 drinks = $16 ($8 local beer and $8 juice). I haven't even seen those prices in my 6 years in NYC (yet).
5. THEY ABSOLUTELY MIX WATER WITH THEIR LIQUOR. THERE ARE TINY BUBBLES IN THE VODKA AND TEQUILLA WHICH MAKE IT CLEAR HOW THEY RIP YOU OFF, ALL ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT 5 HARD DRINKS WON'T EVEN GET YOU BUZZED. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME THEN ORDER A SHOT (JUST MAKE SURE THAT THEY USE THE SAME BOTTLE AS THE DRINKS THEY POURED YOU EARLIER). F.

Stayed August 2006
11 Thank francesco212
NYC, NY
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We recently stayed at the Atlantic Beach Hotel for 5 nights and very much enjoyed our entire stay at the property. The location is directly on the beach and within walking distance to some great restaurants.

The staff at the front desk and bar employees treated us great. The maids were also very nice, although there was a bit of a language barrier at times we were very pleased with the way they cleaned our rooms and they always left us extra towels.

We definately plan on returning very soon to Puerto Rico and the Atlantic Beach Hotel.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
25 Thank sierraalta
Reviewed June 29, 2006

I had the pleasure of staying at the Atlantic Beach Hotel in June 2006.

This hotel is right on beach. I found the staff to be extremely friendly. The hotel offers a dining area which overlooks the beach so every morning I enjoyed having my continental breakfast while looking at the fabulous ocean!

The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The weather was quite humid so the air conditioning was a comfortable relief.

The patio bar is the best in the area for atmosphere, music, and view of the ocean.

Bottom line, I had a great time and loved the Atlantic Beach Hotel.

• Stayed June 2006
24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

I have just returned from an unforgetable time in puerto rico. our stay at the Atlantic beach hotel was full of good service and nice accomidating people. our week stay was so incredible that it was hard for us to leave paradise. the hotel is centrally located near shopping, places to eat, and nightlife.
i would overall recommend theAtlantic beach hotel to anybody who wants to experience a little bit of San Juan, Puerto Rico paradise .

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2006

I had a reservation for a two week say at the hotel. I heard of a government crisis and did not feel comfortable going to Puerto Rico at that time. I called the hotel about 10 days before to cancel my reservation. The hotel refused to refund me my two day deposit. They were not courteous to me or cooperative. I have been going to the hotel for years and would have gladly put my deposit towards a future day. The refused and were very nasty. Now I now why this hotel has so many negative reviews.

Stayed May 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Public Relations Mgr. at Atlantic Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2006
In responce to the reviewers negative comments made against the Atlantic Beach Hotel, we would like to clarify our Hotels Cancellation Policy, which is as follows.

Any Guest who wishes to Cancel or reschdule a room reservation which was booked through our automated internet reservation system must do so by notifying the Hotel in writing no less than seven days prior to their schduled arrival date in order that a full deposit refund can be issued.

However, in all fairness to our Guest, it is also our policy for situations which may occur that are verifiable beyond our Guest control, such as the one described by this Tripadvisor reviewer, we will try to be extremely flexible by offering a full or partial room deposit refund or a credit toward a future stay at our Hotel.

Furthermore, during the reviewers dates in questions we did receive other communications from concerned Guest who had questions about the pending partial goverment shut down which had in fact been highly overstated in the media.

We would also like to add that we received No written Cancellations nor request for rebookings from any of our Guest during the time period mentioned by the Tripadvisor reviewer.

We always value our returning Guest and urge the Tripadvisor reviewer or any other interested persons to contact us in order that we may correct any unfortunate misgivings they may have with their Reservation or our Hotels Cancellation Policy.

Sincerely;