“Great location, cute, clean, quiet.”

Acacia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The location was perfect, a VERY short walk to the beach. The whole hotel was clean, very cute and the personnel was very friendly and helpful. Our room was near the pool, very quiet and I loved the decor. I could not have asked for anything better! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JKPDVM

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Acacia is a little gem of a place less than a block from the beach. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but on the small size by American standards. The manager, Chad Siegel, went out of his way several times to make sure our stay was great. He stored our luggage willingly while we went to the beach on check out day and provided us with towels and a shower after our day on the beach and before heading off for our cruise ship. It's the people that can make or break your experience, and he was definitely the person that made our stay a great one! Kuddos and thanks! We'll definitely return

1  Thank Dianek8788
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a vacation to San Juan, and we had the pleasure of staying at Acacia Seaside Inn. We originally had a room reserved at "At the Windchimes," but were told upon arrival that we had been moved to their sister hotel, Acacia. I am so glad we got switched! Chad, the director of guest services, was extremely helpful throughout our stay. We basically told him what we wanted to do, and he set everything up for us and gave us honest feedback about which excursions were worth the money versus which ones were a waste of money. He even prepared a cooler of snacks for us for one of our outings, without us even asking!! Our room was great, with a comfortable bed and nice sized bathroom, and plenty of space to store our clothes and things. The jacuzzi is GIGANTIC and the perfect temperature, with plenty of little nooks for couples to have privacy--it was honestly about the same size as the swimming pool at Windchimes! Also, there is a restaurant--Niche--inside the hotel and the food is amazing. The chef apparently recently won an award and it was easy to see why after enjoying tapas for dinner one night. They also serve breakfast--BEST PANCAKES I HAVE EVER HAD!!!! The location of Acacia was also prime--a very safe area, a half-block from the beach and a short walk to tons of restaurants and stores. All in all, a fabulous experience and I look forward to returning!

1  Thank CarolinaGirl79
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The Acacia is a wonderful little boutique hotel located in the Condado district of San Juan. If you are looking for an alternative to the big resort style complexes then this is the place for you. My girlfriend and I recently had the pleasure of staying there for 12 fantastic days, using it as a base to explore San Juan. The hotel itself has a trendy boutique feel and is literally about 20 steps from the beach. The room we stayed in was a little small however the huge wrap around balcony and beautiful ocean view more than made up for it.

I can't really say enough about the service at the hotel. The director of customer service, Chad, was very friendly and super accommodating. He provided us with a lot of great suggestions about restaurants to eat at, places to visit, and tours to go on.

The hotel is within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants in Condado and Ocean Park - although be aware that the area is fairly touristy and therefore a lot of the restaurants and bars can be a little bit pricey. Make sure to take advantage of the happy hour specials! If you are looking for a place to party you have to check out La Placita. It's about a 15 min walk from the hotel and is essentially a little plaza area with a bunch of local restaurants and bars that get really busy on the weekend.

From the hotel we visited Old San Juan (about a 15 dollar cab ride), visited the Bioluminescent bay, Camuy Caves, went horse back riding (talk to Chad, he knows an excellent guide), and did some zip-lining and repelling in the rain forest. Overall we had a great time at the Acacia and would definitely recommend it.

2  Thank L0vetree
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This small trendy hotel located one minute from San Juan's beautiful beach has recommitted itself to welcoming its guests with a smile and with great service. Having stayed at this trendy boutique hotel in 2010 experiencing a less than welcoming management with an "attitude" I decided to give this "gem" another try. I am so glad that I did give the Acacia another opportunity to show me that its staff and management really are happy to serve you and your needs, whatever thay may be. General manager, Brenda is an such a wonderful and friendly addition to this property,and, guest services manager Chad will provide anything that you could possibly need to make your stay at Acacia a very memorable experience. Niche, the fabulous in hotel restaurant is one of the islands hidden jewels for local fare with all the special attention to details that a foody would expect. Chef Oscar has become one of the islands most respected chefs. Try the duck confit tacos to start your meal. The whole red snapper is muy delicioso! After dinner enjoy a quiet soaking in the enormous hot tub. The Acacia is a special place, again! It sparkles and leaves you with a twinkle in your eyes.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Benjmq
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This was my first time to Puerto Rico and really didn't know what to expect. My girlfriend and I decided not to get roped in to a resort and blindly decided to stay at Acacia. We were more than pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is a stones throw from one of the best beaches I have seen. It is within walking distance to many amenities: Starbucks, Walgreen's and many great local shops and restaurants. Walking around this section of San Juan gives you a great taste of the local flavor this city has to offer.
At the front desk, Chad was almost like our own personal tour guide. He booked excursions like jet skiing and the bio-bay tour. He even brought us the best tasting mojitos we had ever had while we relaxed in their huge jacuzzi!
We had the pleasure of dining at the hotel restaurant, if you can consider it that. It was easily some of the best food we had on the island, bar none. My advise is to try the diver scallops.
If you decide to stay at this hotel, please get Chad to book the jet ski tour in Boqeuron. It was five hours of some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Mangroves, snorkeling and maybe a few shots of Don Q. You would regret not doing this trip as it combines all of the islands best activities in one fun excursion.

Thanks again for everything, see you in December!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank bezdekma
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I stayed here three nights with my wife. Excellent Condado location half-block from beach, nice tile work and design, large warm soaking pool on roof, and always someone on duty at the reception area. Chad is the director of guest services, and made us feel very welcome. He also arranged a day trip to Ponce. Superb chef and sous-chef (expensive but worth it), with a well-stocked bar. They make excellent mojitos. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Touringtwo022