“DONT LET THE LOBBY FOOL YOU”

San Juan Beach Hotel
Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

( we are airline employees that travel frequently) I arrived to the hotel around 2:45pm on monday march 25,2013. There was no one in the lobby checking in and the front desk clerks greeting was DRY. We were asked to leave a $50.00 deposit per night for any damages or calls. No problem! We were handed our room key and directed to the elevator. Yes its true only ONE out of the two elevators work. Arrived to the third floor and arrived to our room, We were instantly hit with a moldy smell. The rest room on the left seemed ok, After inspection the tub was concaved so the water settles in the tub and never fully drains. The shower nob fell off in my hand. The toilet bowl loooked as if the inside was rusting. I inspected the bed for bed bugs and found NONE. The SHEETS HAD STAINS and MILDEW spots, I requested them changed, the house keeper came and changed one of the beds and still has never returned to change the sheets on the other bed.The room is dark in the night time because there is no celing light, ONLY ONE LAMP In the room.Our first night we requested an iron to iron our clothes and it took 5 calls to the front desk and a day later before an iron was delivered to our room. There was a flat screen TV, with a remote. The ROOM HAS NO VENTILATION SYSTEM THATS THE REASON FOR THE MOLDY SMELL, SINCE THE AIR CONDITION IS RECYCLING OLD STALE AIR. ALSO YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO OPEN THE WINDOWS SO THE AIR THATS IIN THE ROOM MAKES THE SHEETS AND PILLOWS DAMP, JUST A NASTY FEELING.WOW SHOULD I GO ON.......... YOUR CLOTHES THAT ARE HANGED IN THE CLOSET BEGIN TO SMEEL LIKE THE ROOM. THE staff has no control because they just work there but the owner of this hotel needs to make a change. I feel robbed. POSITIVE, THE VIEW OF THE OCEAN IS AMAZING. OCEAN NOT BEACH YOU CANNOT GO INTO THAT WATER IT IS ROUGH. LOCATION.... AMAZING IN THE HEART OF CONDARDO TO YOUR LEFT MANY FOOD OPTIONS AND ACCESS TO THE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM.

Room Tip: this is not a hotel you would like to stay at. No room here is for anyone who is accoustomed to nice...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Real reasons you SHOULDN’T stay in this hotel:

1. When we arrived to check in, the 2 reception guys was so into their personal conversation that I had to interrupt their conversation for them to acknowledge us at the front desk. One guy checked us in and a lady came and handed us the keys to our room. There was no information about the hotel or a tour in the hotel main floor. We asked about touring the area and were shown a map that was on the front desk counter. That map was NOT HELPFUL.

2. When we got to the room 305 and opened the door a strong smell smacked us in the face and the room the freezing. We raised the temperature in the room just to 70 degrees. I placed my luggage on the floor and saw a cockroach on the wall near the bed. Being in this room we noticed that there was only 1 floor lamp in the room. The room was very dark at night with only 1 floor lamp in the bed room area, 1 small light in the hallway and 1 light in the bathroom, a total of three lights in the room.

3. 1 ceiling air vent in this room which is in the bathroom. 1 ceiling air vent that DOESN’T work.

4. Housekeeper NEVER came in our room to clean the 2 nights we stayed.

5. We requested for washcloths and an iron and were told that it was coming to the room. After an hour of waiting for the washcloths we called front desk a 3rd time and was told that they do not provide washcloths but the iron was on its way up to us.

6. An Ice Machine sign directing you where it is but no Ice Machine on that floor.

7. When checking out, we were not asked “how was our stay here?” or “Did they provide us with service to our liking?” No questions what so ever.

8. They have a great location near everything; sadly that’s the only good thing about them. SHAME!!

This hotel provided us with awful service, no information about touring the area nor information about the restaurants, clubs or shopping.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been staying here since Wednesday, March 20, 2013. Luckily I am checking out today. The reason for staying here originally was because I've read that it's convenient. Which it is, only if you rent a car. Taking taxis it became very expensive. $20 each way to most locations I wanted to go to. That wasn't the big issue though. The first night didn't seem too bad. But then again I ended up coming back and crashing due to the jet lag from my long travel here. Let me start by saying every morning there was construction across the road that I can hear from my bedroom. Any time somebody flushed a toilet or went into their hotel room, i can hear it as if it was in my room. House keeping would make their rounds and bang on the doors as early as 8am some morning. Needless to say I complained to the front desk since I had the room for 8 nights and they were not suppose to enter unless I put the card on the door knob that says "please make up my room." After my complaint I came to find out that they were going into my room anyways. I've come back to find my razor and tooth brush moved, all of my towels gone and blankets missing from my bed. Which bring me to my next issue. They beds were very uncomfortable. The last time I got an almost full night sleep was because I went out and drank a few too many the night before. Aside from that I've tossed and turned every night/morning. I also had an issue with my hotel phone. It did not work and the wifi was not strong enough to stay online to use google voice. I complained to the front desk and they said they'd have someone over the next day. It never happened. The restaurant downstairs wasn't very good as far as food goes. But I will say that they made very good drinks. If you're willing to pay $11 for a glass of sangria. The wait staff if very friendly though. If you're looking for a place with a swimming pool I do not recommend it here. Unless of course you enjoy swimming in water that 3 or 4 pigeons bath in and drink from daily. You'd think they lived at the hotel as for every day I went outside to check the temperature on the patio, they would be there. The jacuzzi isn't very nice either. I noticed it for the first time yesterday. It's in a little corner and is about the size of a kiddy pool. Be careful of the elevators too. One of them broke down yesterday. They are both very loud (can be heard down the hallway from all of the shaking.) so can be a bit nerve racking. All in all I rate this place 1 star. This place make motel 6 feel more like home which disgusts me. If you want a good hotel try staying in the isla verde area. At least it's near a nice beach with a wonderful selection of activities.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is such a thing as a good room here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Krystal J
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Please don't recommend this hotel to anyone. The lobby is good but that's all that is ok about this dump. We were there last weekend for a two day stay but once we saw the room, we checked out immediately. We knew we were in for a bad experience when the front desk handed us a key, not a card to swipe but literally a key on a key chain, and then proceeded to tell us that if we wanted housekeeping to clean the room we would need to drop the key off in the morning. The room was sticky and stuffy. The Tv didn't have a remote to it, so you could not turn it on. This hotel should rent these rooms by the hour ( better suited for a prostitute ) than a day. We were so glad the Denny's down the street stayed opened 24/7 and had a bar, because that's where we hung out for the remainder of the night.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Avoid this hotel at all cost. The rooms are nasty, the parking is aweful. You would pay $30 to park you car during the night across the street. Otherwise, you must be OK with parking on the street (if you could find a space in Condado, good luck). The service is terrible. The looby is quite nice but that is just eye candy. The first room I got had a very strong smell like paint, or degreaser. I was assigned to another room after complaining. The building is past his prime time. It needs to be completely stripped down or imploded. Dont fall for the price deal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bella M
Reviewed March 12, 2013

do not let the price or location tempt you
the price although reasonable does not justify itself
location, excelent
nothing, but nothing works as it should !
elevators ( one broken out of two ) water faucets' light fixtures and the list is endless

Room Tip: do not , do not stay in room 511
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank daniel c
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's may be unfair to employees but this place is a disaster. The owners should be ashamed to even offer rooms here.
Stained hallway carpeting, filthy bathroom fixtures, paint stained furniture, entrance door with veneer peeled off, security lock missing, rusted light fixtures and rusting ceiling track are just some of the issues with this "hotel"
I left soon after checking in and re-located to the Marriott Stellaris.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends