“Surprisingly great place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Hollywood, California, United States
“Surprisingly great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I looked up reviews of what felt like hundreds of hotels in San Juan and for the life of me could not decide on where to stay. Honestly all of the reviews for nearly every hotel or B&B were very mixed. So, despite some of the poor reviews of Casa Del Caribe, I decided to go with this one because of the good price and close proximity to the beach. I was a bit hesitant at first, as it's small and not the "boutique hotel" vibe that I usually go for. However, I must say I was VERY pleasantly surprised with this stay!

First of all the location is PERFECT. It's only a couple of doors off the main strip of restaurants, stores, casinos, bars, and big hotels of the Condado area in San Juan. And it's only a block and a half from the beach. The property is also gated for extra privacy and security which I really liked. The garden around the main outdoor lobby area is the best part. It's cute, quaint, peaceful and tropical. It was the perfect spot to sit outside, browse the free wifi on my laptop and have a morning coffee. The room itself was also actually really nice. At first it looks a bit motel-ish which made me nervous, but in all honesty it turned out to be really great. (And trust me I am picky!) The room was CLEAN with an updated bathroom, comfortable bed, large closet space, TV, AC, and I didn't see a bug once. I slept really well both nights of my stay and felt safe and comfortable.

Walking around the main street (Ashford Ave) and along the beach I noticed that a majority of the beach front hotels I looked at online before picking Casa Del Caribe were really POOR quality up close. They looked run down and nothing like the pictures on the web. Of course there are a few high end amazing beach hotels, but they are two to three times the price. In all honesty, most of the time you should be on the beach and out in the town, not in your hotel room, so this B&B was more than enough for a pleasant stay.

The biggest bonus I'd say was the staff, and especially the new manager Ed. He was SO nice and extremely accommodating. We had a great chat on my first day and he made sure I was happy and comfortable the entire time. Everyone else I met there had the same great things to say about him. I saw a few of the other rooms in the building as well and they were even nicer than the one I stayed in (bigger rooms with king size beds and lots of light.) Ed also told me about the additions and changes he was going to make in the coming months, so by the next time I come back I'm sure the place will be even better!

So, if you're looking for a safe comfortable affordable place to stay that is in the middle of all the best spots of Condado, then seriously give Casa Del Caribe a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kat S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Casa del Caribe is a great find. My friends and I were extremely satisfied with the value, service and location. I highly recommend this place while visiting Puerto Rico.

1 Thank MF07
Göttingen, Niedersachsen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

This B&B is great. It is a really quiet place in the middle of condado. If you go out of the Hotel you walk like 2 min to the beach and the city with all resturants and bars is directly in front of the Hotel. I really enjoyed staying in Casa del Caribe. Everything is clean, the breakfast is good and the best thing.. everybody who works in this B&B is friendly and helpful. It feels like being in a family, if there are any problems the staff helps you out soon. In the morning one of the employee gives us a fresh coconut, so we couls drink fresh coconut-juice in the morning. Ed (one of the staff member) was really nice, he explained us what we have to see in San Juan, he gives you like insider- tipps where to go out, that´s great. I really have to say that everything was perfect and i would advise this B&B everytime, cause it is an amazing place to stay. Hope to come back soon to Casa del Caribe.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

this B&B ROCKS small,clean, (ED) the Owner/Manager takes care of everything.rooms are big not (waldorf) but for what you pay , and location is perfect...

Room Tip: We were in room 1 first room by street, alittle noisey ,but big ..so if sleep is what you need ask f...
1 Thank RRNEWYORKCITY
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Here you will find a friendly and open atmosphere that is in tune with Puerto Ricos sunny disposition. In the heart of San Juans hot beaches but the grounds of the hotel surround you with beautiful plants and shade that make this location a sort of oasis!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

My friend and I had an amazing holidays in CASA del CARIBE has an outstanding manager: "Edd", his kindness, service, helpfulness made our holidays the most unforgetable holidays we ever had.
Casa del Caribe is newly renovated, in a great location, clean, great rooms, good beds, good breakfast, closed to the beach, bars, restaurants, shopping areas and very affortable. Casa del Caribe has other hotels were we could spend the day for free and enjoy all those different hotes too, jacuzzies, gardens, swimmingpools, bars and the relaxing atmosphera that surraounds them. I highly recomend this place to have a relaxing and excited holiday in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

We found this hotel through Frommer's and were very much impressed with our room, which was nicely furnished with a king and a queen bed and a large bathroom. The new property manager, Ed, was quite accomodating and thoughtful as was the delightful redhead who manned the desk when we checked in. The place features a nice gathering area in the front and plenty of greenery, making for a nice sense of hospitality. The location can't be beat, and the nicest park in Condado is mere steps away, as is Condado Beach and its attractions.

I'd stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family