“Double Tree right next to Under The Trees!”

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great place to stay, clean, quiet, right in the city and right next to one of the best family restaurants in San Juan, Under The Trees, where you get the best hamburger in town. Great value for the money, in addition you accumulate HH Honor Points. The warm cookie upon arrival? Well simply delicious and you can coax the reg desk people to give you and extra one!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Marina E
Write a ReviewReviews (2,943)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Exceptional service at doubletree hilton, staff always responded right away to questions an requests. Special shout out to Antonio, Nicholas, Diana, Peter & Yonsoni. Soundproofing excellent. Room darkening shades behind the pretty ones. Easy wifi. 24 hour grocery store across street has pharmacy and bank. Not fond of the frosted bathroom doors. Plentiful breakfast buffet. Good water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Andrea K
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my second stay at the San Juan Doubletree, to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and to rest our burnt-out working selves. Our accommodations were excellent, with very comfortable beds (including a Murphy bed she and her cousin loved) and a cozy, state-of-the-art bathroom. Its location just steps away from the pool and the fitness center didn't hurt either, and it was comforting to be able to watch them play without us leaving the room. The central location of the hotel allowed us to walk to nearby stores and restaurants, but once we were back at the hotel, the city seemed far away. The staff at the hotel and at the Cafe Pierre restaurant were unfailingly courteous and helpful, patiently handing out warm chocolate chip cookies upon request, even providing access to board games when an October downpour delayed a foray into the pool. The girls had a great time, and we rested far more than we usually do during a family vacation. Special thanks to Asst Mgr Bo for his excellent hospitality. Our coming back to the San Juan Doubletree is a question of when, not if.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Roalmabi
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Hola Roalmabi,
Thank you for coming back to stay with us. It was a pleasure to assist you with your reservation and room accommodations. I am happy that your daughter enjoyed her birthday celebration to the fullest, and we look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you and your family. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com for your next reservations and I will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights. Had a great time. Nice pool.very good buffet breakfast in Pierre's Restaurant. The manager Bo smoothed over a reservation glitch and Peter who worked the PM desk was awesome. Easy walk to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Joe S

Hola Joe S,
I am happy that you had a great time while staying with us, and I am glad we were able to straighten out your reservation to your satisfaction. I have also shared your review with Peter, who was excited to learn the positive influence he had on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very clean, we'll kept hotel with wonderful staff. Hotel remodel, I was told, was five years ago but still looks new. Staff was wonderful, friendly, and efficient. Breakfast, included with rate, was good. Wifi fast and strong. Supermarket across street added bonus.

Only one fault. The room I was in had no curtains. Just a thin shade. Did not keep the light from the large neon sign out, if I wasn't exhausted it may have been difficult to sleep with the "light" show.

Agree with other posters: always felt like I was getting ripped off in a taxi. Certainly not hotels fault.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Penguinmoon
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Hola Penguinmoon,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you find us to be the best DoubleTree you have ever stayed in, and I will make sure to share your review with our staff so they can see the positive effect their friendly and efficient service had on your stay. However, I am concerned that your room did not have a curtain. All our rooms have blinds and curtains, so I ask that you please send me an e:mail to bo.bramsen@hilton.com to let me know which room you stayed in so I can make sure it is in proper conditons.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff are very freindly from the time you drive into the property. The valet drivers are helpful and cherful. the front desk staff greet you with a smile and get straight down to businness just what you need after traveling for 20 hour. The rooms are big and clean.. the showers are warm and great pressure. rooms are quiet. the curtains block the early morning light out. overall enjoyed our 7 days stay. talk to the staff to help you

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin B

Hola Kevin B,
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel amenities lived up to your expectations. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 11 nights on business. It is a full service hotel with everything you could want. As a female travel alone feeling safe is importanat to me so I appreciate having not only the hotel bar for eating and drinking but also 2 excellent restuarants on the same property. I used the valet parking and the valets were always there when I needed them. The bartender Demaris is the best and really keeps the place lively by encouraging her customers to chat with each other. I had the buffet every day and it was very good. I only wish it stayed open later on the weekend. I don't understand the additional $20/day service fee. It seems to me that everything should be part of the rate. On the weekend I went to the pool and beach at La Concha which the hotel allows its guests to use. The staff were extremely pleasant and always went out of their way to be accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Wyliegal
YMCSanJuan, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Saludos Wyliegal,

Thank you very much for your review. As a female that travels alone for business as well, I know the importance of feeling comfortable and safe when away from home. I congratulated Damaris for her efforts and she was grateful for the recognition. We truly do hope to welcome you back and If I can assist you with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dsantos@sjdoubletree.com.

Best regards,