“DoubleTree by Hilton San Juan”

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I While on business in San Juan I always stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in San Juan. I broke my foot this summer and was on crutches during one of my stays at the hotel. The staff is always friendly, professional and go out of their way to help. They were incredibly helpful while I was on my crutches. I want to thank:

Front Desk-Michael, Peter, Juan, Diana, Bo, Sugeil
Restaurant: Vincent, Damaris, Juan, Jorge, Lydia, Daniel, Diana, the two Kiaras, Maritza, Zuania
Room Service: Edna and Yesenia
Valet: All the guys outside

I hope i did not miss anyone. I recommend this hotel for anyone doing business in San Juan. It is also easy walking distance to the beach and other area restaurants.

I look forward to seeing my Doubletree 'family" on my next trip

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank BAustinG
Write a ReviewReviews (2,895)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Recently stayed with my husband, sons and their families. Great location for the Condado, San Juan and Isla Verde areas. Several nice restaurants, walking distance. Compact, comfortable rooms with all expected ammenities, including tea/coffee (good quality) making facilities in the room, safe, very nice toiletries, complimetary bottled water. Delicious chocolate chip cookies upon arrival, efficient exercise room with views of the refreshing swimming pool. Very accommodating staff. Large supermarket across the street.
Enjoyed our 4 night stay. Recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank trvlbufElmhurst
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise and absolutely loved it. The front staff are more than welcoming (of course giving you the cookie while checking in). It is a few blocks from the beach but didn't venture out to see what the location of the beach was like. Good location near some great food choices we found but touristy wise we didn't find much (save that for Old San Juan).

Hotel room was on the smaller size, reminded me of rooms from Europe but was fine. Bathroom is modern and has great space. Hotel has a business center, and a good sized work out center. Also the pool is really nice with a waterfall and a hot tub above it. Also has a lot of great space if you need a place to relax without all the sand. The hotel also has 4 restaurants on location -- check out Under the Trees!

I recommend this hotel as it had a great price compared to how expensive it is in Old San Juan and you will definitely be taken care of by all of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ajchandra
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and loved it! Room was small but comfortable. Very clean and had a good view of the city. Very helpfull staff and friendly. Loved the cookie they give you at check in! Would deffinitively stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Yomi_Perdomo
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Hola Yomaira P,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be comfortable and clean and that you received helpful and friendly service from our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
Operations Manager
bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Reviewed September 17, 2013

As soon as you pull up to the door you are welcomed by a very friendly valet staff who greet you with a smile and a warm greeting. By the first looks of the hotel you can see it is a well maintained location and clean both inside and out. The front desk welcomes you with a smile and a friendly greeting as well as being very professional, they truly make you feel welcome. I have stayed at this location once before and have had the same type of experience and it is all good. They have a really nice pool located in on the ground level outside in a oases of palm trees and lounge chairs which makes for a real relaxing pool experience. I have had the pleasure of dining and enjoying adult beverages at the bar that is located on the main floor and I have to say the bar tender Damaris runs this bar like no other. A friendly environment a wonderful smile and outstanding service is the least I can say. This is a great place to hang out after a long day of work or a mood setter before a night out on the town. This past visit I sat next to a few locals at the bar which should tell you that if locals come here they must be doing something right. The guy I was sitting next to was a local and he comes here for the friendly atmosphere and the great service that Damaris provides at the bar.
The location of the hotel is a little off the main drag, however, it is not far from a beautiful beach with clean blue water. I have taken many morning walks along the beach and it is only a block or so away. The rooms at the hotel are good, nice and clean and enough room to accommodate although if you are in PR I don't think you should be sitting in your room. Try and get the rooms on the garden side or pool side, they are the lager rooms compared to the tower. I stayed here for business and would stay here for pleasure due to the value and location.

Room Tip: Stay garden side or pool side. Same thing I just don't know how they list them. Tower is okay bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gregg j

Hola gregg j,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to relax in our pool area and to visit the nearby Ocean Park beach. I also shared your comments with Damaris and she was excited to hear the positive impact she had on your stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
Operations Manager
bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My pictures tell it all; this hotel makes an impression!

From the warm cookies; cheerful, helpful staff and extraordinary accommodations, our 40th anniversary trip was off to a great start.

As we wanted to explore some of San Juan before we started our cruise, we asked for recommendations for restaurants near the water. Doubletree's staff were glad to offer a few ideas along with a map of the area to help us find our way.

The only thing that took us by surprise was the cost of the room; we did not understand the added taxes and gratuities. We thought they were added to the total when we originally booked the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather S
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was WAY more than we expected. The pool area is absolutely beautiful and, because of the adult crowd, very quiet. Once you step in the door, it's hard to believe there's a hustling, bustling city like San Juan just outside. The location across the street from a grocery store is ideal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple