“Excellent place!!”

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy Are my 4 day stay here it was grate around 200 per Night breakfast Included Parkin included how ever we don't need it parkin we youse cab great location very convenient store Across the street opens 24 hrs end the pool is 24 hrs as well

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank weTraveltheworld1

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff is great in an epic proportion. I mentioned to Juan Ortiz that I forgot my cufflinks for a business meeting. At first he suggested going to the mall, but I would not be able to make my meeting in time. I proceeded to make a call for an hour. Walking back through the lobby he stopped me by saying that he remembered one place nearby. For less than the cab ride to the mall he procured a pair of great looking cufflinks for me within an hour. by taking the initiative. I didn't even ask that he do it. The Ritz and Waldorf cannot deliver this type of service.

Don't think it can get better than that? Hold your horses, bub. Wednesday happy hour: 6-7 free freaking drinks!!! You may think "Oh boy, Miller high life and Mr. Boston's drinks" but slap that schtuff down. I had mojitos, good local beer, and some nice local reserve rum on the rocks. All freaking free.

The grounds are kept immaculately. The work out room is more than adequate. My garden view room was spacious. Best bargain in the area regardless of price. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. BTW, check out Small Bar, Blonda, Bebo's for drinks & food.

Room Tip: Wednesday happy hour: 6-7 free freaking drinks!!! You may think "Oh boy, Miller high life and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Justin D
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Hola Just FSU,
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure meeting you and I appreciate you telling me how Juan went above and beyond to help you get cufflinks. I have shared your review with Juan, and he was excited to hear the positive impact he had on your stay. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. It's just what you'd expect from a Hilton property. The rooms were clean with very comfortable beds. We were on vacation, and after talking to the bartender, we discoverd that this hotel mostly caters to business travelers. That explains why no one went to the pool... At night, we hung out at the jacuzzi and met new people. There is a 24 hour grocery store across the street, a 24 hour pizzeria block away, the beach is about 4 or 5 blocks away, and two nice bars (La Bar Bera and Plan B) are on the other side of the hotel. My only complaint is the breakfast. The eggs were overcooked EVERYDAY, including the made to order omelets.

Room Tip: We had rooms in the Garden Wing. It's a separate section with bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank GoldenKitty
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recently traveled to Puerto Rico for business. I have stayed at other Doubletree Inns and this is the best one yet. The staff are helpful and genuinely seem to care that your experience is the best one possible.

When I travel alone, i hate eating alone, and will usually do carry out. This trip, I chose to eat in Cafe Pierre in the Hotel. Vincente and his team helped me with suggestions regarding local favorites. The food and service was great.

I look forward to addidtional trips to visit this client

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank mark l

Hola mark l,
Thank you for your kind review. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your review with Vicente, and he was happy that you enjoyed the food and the service you received in Cafe Pierre. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com for any future reservations and I will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

First the staff is rude and unable to take responsibiity for anything. The three resturants are not three it is one and two around the corner and they are extreemly expensive and not impresive at all. I got a salad and a slice of cheese cake with room service and it costs $50. The location is horrible and it is a $15 cab fare to any of the nice areas and takes well over the 5 minutes they say. If you can not speak spanish don't even attempt the bus because you'll get driven around for a while then kicked off at a depot. Overall it was not woth the money at all and I would of much rather paid a little more to be at one of the nicer resorts and trust me it would onlyof been a little more. Oh and I was alone but the shower door is see through so if you are traveling with someone it might be a little awkward.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank Crystal R
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Saludos CrystalR,

I am sorry that your overall experience at our hotel was not what is expected from us. We truly believe that is it our obligation to constantly deliver the same outstanding service, as it has been mentioned for the majority of our reviews. Should you desire to further discuss your visit with me, please feel free to contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com or at mi cell phone (787)649-3035.

Within our welcome letter we encourage our guest to contact at me directly, should there be any concerns during the stay. Our main goal with this is to answer any questions and look for any way possible to turn a bad experience into a positive one. Once again, I offer my apologies and if I can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yodil Caban
yodil.caban@hilton.com

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We arrived about 11pm. For our 3 night pre cruise stay. Taxi was $17 from the airport. As soon as we pulled up somebody was there to help with the bags... Very friendly check in and nice warm cookie!
I had emailed earlier to ask for a room out onto the patio, but unfortunately they were all taken, but we were given a large room on the 7th floor. The bed was really comfy and the rain shower was great. We had safe, coffee machine, microwave.... To our surprise we had a bottle of wine and cheese plate waiting for us for our Anniversary! Such a lovely thoughtful touch.
Even after being up for 26 hours we couldn't wait to try out the jacuzzi in the lovely quiet pool area.
The bar was shut so we went over the road to the 24 hour store.... Wow it's huge, everything you could want. We bought a couple of beers and sat in the jacuzzi looking up at the stars and listening to the tropical sounds.... bliss.
Next morning we used the gym. Not a lot of equipment but all new!
We asked about using the sister hotel on the beach and was given a letter to hand over when we got there. We used the bus 75 cents which drops you off outside. We enjoyed our stay there for the day but was so glad to get back to the Double Tree as it was a more peaceful place.
The front desk staff are wonderful. Very helpful and recommended eating places etc, and every time you passed they would say hi.
We booked a trip through the front desk to the rain forest. We were picked up at 9 am on the dot. Only 6 of us... We had a wonderful day. That night we ate next door at under the trees, which was lovely.
The next morning we checked out with no problems even though it was busy with pre cruisers.
It is a wonderful place to stay and I commend all the staff for their pleasant friendly manner!

Can I find a fault...... Trying hard..... No

Room Tip: Worth mailing to ask for particular room types, as they do get back to you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank BillyElliot1

Hola BillyElliott11,
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree to celebrate your anniversary. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for contacting me prior to your arrival, and although I was unable to accommodate you with a balcony room, I am glad that you enjoyed the rain shower in the corner room. Please conatct me again at bo.bramsen@hilton.com for your next visit if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Check in was really fast as well as check out. Hotel has a modern decoration, great staff, good breakfast, warm pool, and very clean. Room has coffee maker, iron, microwave, and refrigerator. Bathroom was very clean with hot water. Cookies were delicious!!! Free Wi-Fi. They have an area with computers and printers available for guests. Nice places to eat in the surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business