Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Sheraton.com
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $299/night.

$340
$279
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$109
$96
Hotels.com
$274
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
Travelocity
3,007 results
All reviewsdouble treemurphy bedgrocery store across the streethour supermarketwarm cookiescafe pierreself parkingpool and hot tubbusiness centerpool areaopen hoursfew blocksvery nice hotelresort feepre cruise stayclose to the airportfitness center
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have written many reviews of this hotel resort - each time I have been there. We usually come 2-3 times a year for several years. The staff is the same every time and that is unusual but speaks to the quality of the hotel. Happy staff = happy guests. We always feel like we are coming home - and we are! The manager Bo is always around making sure everything is running smoothly - from the front desk to the pool to the grounds. Thanks to the front desk staff - Juan, Marguerite, Peter and the others, to the breakfast staff - Claribel, Lydia, and all the others - just wonderful. Thanks also to Antonio who makes sure he is always available.

On a previous visit, I had mentioned a bad room service experience and this visit, Bo brought the food/bev manager out to the pool to discuss it with me. I was floored that this was remembered and addressed. After that, complimentary beverages were delivered to us poolside.

The rooms that open to the pool are where we always stay and they are wonderful! The pool area is so peaceful and beautiful with waterfalls, hot tub, private places everywhere to sit under trees and read, food is delivered there and you truly will not want to leave.

Thank you to everyone for all my visits and for sharing the loss of my husband last August. They all remembered him too. They make you family there.

Room Tip: If you can book a room opening out to the pool with your own patio, do so. Lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fosforita
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Hola Fosforita,
Thank you for your kind review and for being part of our extended family. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future again. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Everything in this hotel is pleasant. Great service, great ammenities, restaurants, nearby Bebo's Cafe is awesome! supermarket, bars, pool, etc. My only concern is the location. It's not aweful, but it's on a part of El Condado area called Calle Loiza with De Diego Ave. that it's, somehow not so attractive. For the rest, a very good hotel...This is my second favorite hotel in the San Juan area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tomas N
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were staying 4 nights in this resort with beautiful room, very clean bathroom and nice services (incl. laundry!!!) The pool is small and refreshing, in front of the hotel is supermarket. Very easy to get from the airport. Taxi will costs you approx. 17 USD, check PR Taxicab on Facebook or call (Tel: +1 787-514-5554) speaks English and very nice person! Go to eat to San Juan old City - the only great place to eat close by is Perla (Concha Resort). By the way do not forget to ask about the Beach Club - with this resort you have access to an amazing Concha resort (15 min walk) and you can enjoy all the facilities there. Unfortunatelly we have found out it only last day - the receptionist forgot to tell us! Concha Resort organise also a lot of daily trips - to Culebra if you are staying over the weekend and would have a chance for day trip.
Location is not that great, it is nothing to see around, but if you like to walk - you can get everywhere. Taxi to old San Juan is approx. 20 USD, the bus is around 75C and the bus stop is just few steps from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Adriana J
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. No complaints what so ever! Staff are friendly and attentive. SuperMax grocery across the street made things quite convenient. Within walking distance to The Condado district. Don't walk to Old San Juan as we did. Too far!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michael D

Hola Michael D,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you received friendly and attentive service from our staff. As you mention, it is a long walk to Old San Juan, but it is only about 15 minutes by taxi. Within walking distance is beautiful Ocean Park beach, the Puerto Rico Art Museum and several great restaurants. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I will say the only downside is the specific location in Condado. The hotel is a good mile from most restaurants and the waterfront hotels that make Condado a popular spot. We walked to that area from the hotel and the neighborhood walk was OK (but just a tad dicey).

The hotel itself is a gem. Very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful pool, and really easy access to adjacent bars and restaurants. In addition the hotel offers free use of the pool and beach facilities at La Concha, a hotel located on the nearby beach. If we could have afforded it we would have stayed there, but the Doubletree does offer excellent service and value as an alternative.

Room Tip: Take a very short walk over to the "Under the Trees" bar and have a drink in the evening. The back of the bar opens up to the plaza, allowing the breeze and coqui sound to roll in. The mojitos are excellent!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jmasci
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Hola jmasci,
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our Beach Club with access to our beach front sister property, La Concha. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.