“Outstanding value for families!”

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We started our trip with a two day stay at the Double Tree. From the first impression to the first dip in jacuzzi, this place really just hit the spot. The property was modern and clean, the staff was very pleasant and the rooms gave us plenty of space for the three of us. The 24hr gym, pool and jacuzzi became a huge highlight to me. The location itself is marvelous! 2-3 short blocks to parque de indio for my 5 yr old and Bebo's Cafe for breakfast or lunch or dinner for authentic local cuisine just a block away.

There was nothing too fancy about this place so if you ae looking for some beach front sexy resot type ting this aint it. You have kids any age or a group of people looking for a steal and great value...this it it!!! I travel to PR annually, this is my new fav when visiting the Condado/San Juan area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TheSantiagos
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Hola TheSantiagos,
Thank you for you kind review. I was happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and that your 5-year old enjoyed El Parque del Indio at the entrance to beautiful Ocean Park beach.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any future assistance.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
Operations Manager
bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Doubletree San Juan Hotel was perfect for a one night stay for an early morning flight out of San Juan. The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. We were greeted as we were dropped off by the cab and welcomed to the hotel. Check in was quick and friendly eventhough we were checking in before noon time. We grabbed a quick lunch which we split and the meal was served on two separate plates with all the trimmings without our having to request it. We spent the afternoon at the pool since the beach was a few blocks away. We had a few cocktails at the bar and got a great recommendation for dinner. The hotel is situated centrally with over four restaurants in the immediate area to choose from. This was a very pleasant stay for a very economical rate. The hotel is very modern and offers an ample excercise room, full service business center where we were able to print out our boarding passes. The room was very small but had all of the amenities needed from a double closet to computer desk, flat screen T.V., very modern bathroom with smoky glass door. The bed was a full size which was too small for my husband and I but since it was for only one night we managed.The staff was so serviceable, pleasant, and helpful. The food was very good and with ample portion to share. This is a nice hotel if you do not mind not being near the beach. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank MagVeg
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I use this hotel for Business Travel, at least 2 times per year. It is centrally located in San Juan, and while not in the heart of "Tourist" areas, which is great for me in terms of traffic and congestion, it is just 2 blocks from the beach and plenty of great restaurants, shopping, etc.

The Hotel has a business center, restaurants, plenty of places to work (two laptops for common usage at the lobby area for all guests to use), laundry facilities, and a small swimming pool. So, would be great for business or pleasure trips.

The rooms have microwave and small fridges. They are roomy, with desk area for working, and are clean and newly renovated in a modern taste.

The hotel staff could not be more accomodating. They have routinely ran to the Post Office for me to get mailing/shipping supplies, and have mailed many things for me, charging the postage to my room. Great service, every time.

3  Thank 0112CMS
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel is almost always full and this time was put into a run of the house room. When I arrived in my room, it was extremely cold (62 degrees) so I turned up the wall thermostat and the AC just kept running. I called the night manager and explained what was going on and she sent up the engineer. He tried changing the thermostat and nothing happened. He left and came back and put the old thermostat back and said there was nothing he could do. I called the desk and they changed my room only to have the exact same thing happen in the next room. I called down again and the night manager said that it is just how the thermostats are set and. I asked about being able to control the room temperature and she said that is just how they work and said I could again talk to the day manager and see if he could do something. So once again will be in either a very hot room because I have to turn the AC off at night or an extremely cold room because the AC will not allow you to control the temperature. I have stayed at this hotel many times and in the past they were quite attentive to needs but that is definitely not the case on this trip.

Room Tip: The shades in the rooms do not keep all of the light. If you do not want the morning sun coming in...
5  Thank SeeMT
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Saludos Logisys,

We are so truly sorry that you had this experience during your last stay with us, and were sadden to see that we were not able to achieve the same 5 marks, from your previous review of our hotel. Upon verifying your room we noticed that the internal A/C sensor in this room was faulty and did not respond to the thermostat changes. This problem has been fixed and I have requested that my Engineering Director verify every room to ensure that this situation does not inconvenience another guest. I am with hope that you will see this as an isolated incident and will give us the opportunity to stay with us again. If I can be of assistance to you in any way, please contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com.

Always at your service,

Yodil Caban
yodil.caban@hilton.com

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our first time in Puerto Rico. Property is well within walking distance of all beaches and downtown hot spots. Would not, however, walk at night, but that's the case for anywhere in Puerto Rico. The staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful we found on the island. Rooms are very modern and clean. Pool area and work out facilities were very nice too. Try the mojitos at the bar! Awesome!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D R
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Hotel is nicely decorated, good location, staff very pleasant and responsive, breakfast was good. Air conditioner could have been cooler, but it was quite hot outside. Supermarket across the street a bonus. Bebos Restaurant around the corner was superb for local food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STTIngeborg
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice hotel and an enjoyable stay. Staff was great, and for those who speak limited Spanish, very accommodating to English speakers. Good location for business or getting to the sites. Pretty good food for a hotel restaurant.

Only slight negatives would be a room air conditioner that had a tough time keeping up with day time temps in July, and the view out some of the rooms is not very scenic. Minor complaints though.

Again, the staff at the hotel are great and rooms are priced very competitively.

2  Thank seminole_kev