Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews sister hotel calle loiza hot tub great beach acacia omar ashford puerto
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed here after a cruise. Luggage storage before check-in was a problem. They do not have a room or secure area to leave your luggage. The lobby & stair area was littered w/ luggage. We left ours & headed over to the beach; which is only 1 block away. We had no problems but is was a little unnerving to leave all our valuables. Our room was clean & well air conditioned.

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We stayed here one night on our way to a cruise. The hotel is charming, and the neighborhood in which it is located seemed safe and clean, and convenient to the beach. Those preferring to tour old SJ may want to stay closer. The road it is on is quiet by day, but is busy and loud at night. Our windows did not close all the way, which did not really concern me, b/c they did have bars on them. We got a VERY small room next to the lobby, which made sleeping challenging (for me-my husband sawed logs all night.). Folks we were traveling with got an enormous room upstairs, so they are not all so small. The staff was friendly and helpful enough, but the surfaces of the rooms and bathrooms were not very clean. It looks like housekeeping does the bare minimum. Probably would not go back, but their cat is adorable.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

Following recommendations at Travel Advisor, we booked two nights each at Wind Chimes before and after our cruise that departed from San Juan. In the end we actually stayed in the sister hotel Acacia just down the road, which is only 50 m from Condado beach. Both hotels are very nicely furnished (stylish lobby, simple but nice rooms with flat screen TVs, jacuzzi), and Acacia has a quite good restaurant (can be used for breakfast as well). The staff is friendly and helpful, and all is clean. We got an excellent deal for our money! So if you look for a small hotel with personal, friendly atmosphere instead of staying at a big resort hotel (and don't mind carrying your baggage a bit, there is no elevator), then this is the place for you.

1  Thank DaDee72
Reviewed November 28, 2010

our car was broken into (thankfully we had taken all the things out) and the room was not cleaned on 2nd day. The room was so small that there was no place to walk after keeping the bags.

Location is decent but not at all value for money.

1  Thank h_atlanta
Reviewed November 4, 2010

When I got to the hotel there were no parking for my car, there are only two parking spot in the hotel. When the issued the room key and I went to the room there was a big cat that enter the room and got under the bed chasing for something; I couldn’t get him out of the room. The room was humid and I told the manager about it. She said “we wait for the costumer to turn the AC on to save electricity. I asked the manager about the cat and her answer was” the cat belongs to the Hotel”. I didn’t like the cat in the room, the smell of the room, no parking for my vehicle so I decided to cancel the reservation. But they policy is to cancel 10 days prior to check in or you will pay all the days you booked online. I end going to another hotel and paying more but with parking, no cat in my room and pleasant with no smell. After all my complaints, they charged my credit card for all the days.

Date of stay: October 2010